Why become a member? ×

For sale - LaBella "Deep talkin" flatwound B string (.128 gauge)

Since I tune to A, the string isn't really high enough tension for me. I'll send this to someone for £5 and postage, I've got one still sealed and packaged and 1 that has about an hours play on it. If you want both of them, no extra charge. If the buyer doesn't want the two, I'll send the slightly used one on to someone for the price of postage.

I've just replaced the used one with a TI .136. Much higher tension, suits me better for a low A.

• 4 months later...

Was anybody else (other than me) conned by this guy? Sent (as requested) £5 by post. Received nothing. Promised several times subsequently .. Received zilch.
It's a small amount (unless lots of us also sent £5 for the dj150888 Appeal Fund) ... but really annoying.

• 1 month later...

Further update (see post #4 above) - received a message from OP/seller to say that it was genuine mistake on his part adn that the string/refund would be posted 4th October during a Uni lunch break ........ guess what (... and I'm still waiting, ah-ah-ah-ah-ah....)...45 day since the last promise and about 5.5 months since I paid.

[quote name='eubassix' post='659991' date='Nov 20 2009, 11:23 AM']Further update (see post #4 above) - received a message from OP/seller to say that it was genuine mistake on his part adn that the string/refund would be posted 4th October during a Uni lunch break ........ guess what (... and I'm still waiting, ah-ah-ah-ah-ah....)...45 day since the last promise and about 5.5 months since I paid.[/quote]

Tw4ts trick that Dave! :)

If I don't source a single G string soon, I've got a brand new (never on a bass) E A & D string from a LaBella Deep Talkin set you can have for a tenner if they are any good to you (long story but I snapped the G string... twice!).