Why become a member? ×

One control mosquito blender

lidl e

Posted (edited)

Anyone have one of these? It looks pretty good. 

Is there possibly anything smaller out there thay does the same thing? I can just about fit it on my board, but even a few mm smaller would be helpful. 

Would the power be needed for this for anything besides the led would anyone know?

https://one-control.com/products/minimal-series-mosquito-blender-trail-with-bjf-buffer

Minimal-Mosquite-Blender-01.jpg?v=161118

I'm doing some pretty crazy effects stuff recently amd im needing a bit of dry tone to define everything a bit better.

Edited by lidl e

I had one a few years ago & should’ve kept it .. now I have a Boss LS-2 & Bright Onion Trails looper to achieve the same with my analog delay, which is way bigger lol

doubt you’d find anything smaller .. they’re not cheap but nicely built & does the job well .. didn’t notice much difference with buffer switch engaged or not .. still worth it

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, sifi2112 said:

I had one a few years ago & should’ve kept it .. now I have a Boss LS-2 & Bright Onion Trails looper to achieve the same with my analog delay, which is way bigger lol

doubt you’d find anything smaller .. they’re not cheap but nicely built & does the job well .. didn’t notice much difference with buffer switch engaged or not .. still worth it

Yeah, i have a switchblade pro on my bigger board which is killer, but i only have a small corner to fit this onto. It will be close..

I suppose i could put it under the board.

Do you remember if you needed the power connection? 

I would turn the buffer off as my tuner has one already.

Edited by lidl e

4 minutes ago, sifi2112 said:

I found the LS2 to be a little noisy / not completely silent. Does that chime with your experience?

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

I found the LS2 to be a little noisy / not completely silent. Does that chime with your experience?

I've never had the ls2, but obviously I've been aware fornit for many years.

75% of people think it's the greatest pedal there is and 25% complain of noise and "tone suck" with it.

I'd say it's about as good as it gets for thatcspecific utility, but i dont have the space for it.

I went for an ehx switchblade pro over the ls2 for this purpose on my bigger board. Seemed to have better features and easier to operate. I love it, but its big.

Edited by lidl e

I don’t have any issues with LS-2 & haven’t actually found it necessary to even see if it has any tone suck .. and I hate hiss / noise / suck etc .. there might be some but it isn’t obvious to me so far …

I think im gomna grab one of these.

Fathers day is in two weeks. I'll ask for a thomann voucher even though i was planning on asking for socks!

I'm going to have to daisy chain with with my tuner.  Should be fine. Might have a bit of overhang on the edges.

I am the bad guy and ask, have ever considered a X-over? There are a few available, like KMA, Iron Ether, and Great Eastern FX. IE Divaricator is probably the least common of these three.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, itu said:

I am the bad guy and ask, have ever considered a X-over? There are a few available, like KMA, Iron Ether, and Great Eastern FX. IE Divaricator is probably the least common of these three.

No, but I'll look right now.

This one is top of the list because space will only barely allow it and it does exactly what i need. 

Yeah, that great eastern xo would be perfect. If i had the space I'd seriously consider it. I think it woild really tighten up the C4 and some of the crazier reverb toneprints i use, but on this board i dont have the space for it. Knowing me, I'd run it wide open anyway!

I will run an empress paraeq deluxe before the blender so i can kind of do a bit of focusing, but yeah, that is a cool pedal for sure.

The IE looks awesome as well. The KMA tyler is a bit much but i dig what it does and i could definitely utilise it!

• Like 1