Why become a member? ×

Trace TE1200 Compressor Settings

Hi all TE1200 users !

Where do you set your dual band compressor ?

I keep mine Pre EQ and I think around 9 o clock low band and 2o clock high band.

Interested to know other folks settings 

I have my input gain around noon and EQ approx flat with Pre Shape engaged when playing with a pick ( more depth to tone ) 

I think we’re a very select bunch with this amp Martin 😂

I don’t use the dual comp very often, more as an effect or a room-compensator (controlling the low end to tame boomy stages) but I really want to spend more time with it. I’ve got this week off work so might just annoy the neighbours 😎

• Haha 1

I found you can definitely hear it tame the low and high frequencies if you exaggerate the settings to detect it compressing 

In still not sure if pre or post is my preferred so I use Pre mostly and low set around 9pm ( mild ) and high around 2pm  to take off any ice pick trebles !! 

Still in cab dilemma ( the Vanderkley went back to the seller as it had a loose brace and rattled ) 

Still thinking about SuperTwin though 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BassAdder60 said:

Still in cab dilemma ( the Vanderkley went back to the seller as it had a loose brace and rattled ) 

Still thinking about SuperTwin though 

I played through @Merton's TE1200 and Barefaced 210s at the SE Bass Bash a couple of years ago.  It was a sonic match made in heaven, the colour of the 10s just seemed to fit the TE1200.  The best adjectives I could come up with to describe the sound are: rich and creamy.  

My rig is a GK Legacy through a Super Compact, quite a different sound but perfect for me, but if GK hadn't been invented, I'd be really keen on a TE1200 with, possibly, one of those new BF 310 cabs.

Edited by BillyBass
  • Like 2

Yep the TE1200 and the Barefaced 10s work stupendously well. There’s a Six10 for sale at the moment which would be the dream with it!

It took a bit more to dial in the Super Twin but now I’ve got it nailed, it is superb for the silly volume gigs.

Would you say SuperTwin would match better than say 310 cab ?

Regarding compressor I found that you can clearly hear ( especially if using a pick ) the high band subdue the treble frequencies as you increase it clockwise and adds more depth to the high string notes 

I keep the low band around 9 o clock 

The Super Twin is rated for 1200W and I can’t see it ever breaking a sweat with the Trace giving it the beans. The Three10 I think is 750W so I would always be wary with extreme settings. But that being said, if you’re playing that loud it’s probably all too loud anyway 😅

I went ST route before the Three10 existed, because I found myself in 2 bands where I had no bass in the PA but loud drummers and guitarists, therefore needed something which could fill the room without dying in smoke and flame. I had two Two10s before that and they were bloody brilliant, I was just being lazy with wanting a one cab solution 🤓 I think if I had to make a choice I would always veer towards the 10s as they just seem to work for me without too much faff; the ST in comparison definitely needed time for me to “get” it.

• Like 1