Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Focusrite Saffire Pro 10 i/o Firewire interface *SOLD*

Hello,

I did have this on ebay a week or so back but it was bought by a "0" feedback Belgian who hasnt managed to even respond yet (I'm having some terrible luck on ebay at the moment with dodgy buyers).

So, back up for offer on here.

Firewire interface with 8 mic preamps, very highly regarded as this review testifies: [url="http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/dec06/articles/saffire.htm"]http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/dec06/articles/saffire.htm[/url] (the 10 io is the same as the 26 io apart from the lack of ADAT connectivity)

Rock solid on XP, not so solid on Vista (but who's recording using Vista?!) It's in excellent condition and has been used mostly in my bedroom and occassionally up at the practice space with my laptop. I've got both 4 and 6 pin firewire cables, the PSU, rack ears and software but the box went mouldy in the garage.
[b]
£160 delivered[/b] or collection in Upton on the Wirral.

Also consider a swap for a Zoom H2?

Cheers,
Ben.

Edited by ben604

Hello,

I'm using Cubase SX3 at the moment. I was considering something else, maybe Sonar but I've not got around to trying anything out.

I'm selling as we're not recording this many inputs at the moment and the guitarist wants an interface at his house, so we're swapping this for two 2-channel interfaces instead.

This unit will only handle 10 ins and outs (8 on the line/mic inputs and a further 2 on SPDIF) but you can daisy chain other saffire units to increase the count. Otherwise, I've no reason to believe that two firewire/usb interfaces cant be used at the same time on different busses.

What do you want to record with more than 8 mics?!

EDIT: I've just re-read my original post and it read as if the 10io had ADAT and not the 26io. It's the other way around! I've amended the 1st post.

Edited by ben604

Being that it has stereo S/PDIF inputs/outpus you could connect a Focusrite trackmaster pro with a digital connection card installed?

[url="http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/product/5827-focusrite-trackmaster-pro.html/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=base"]http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/product/5827...m_campaign=base[/url]

That will uses the last two inputs/outputs.

Im not sure what happens when you 'daisy chain' two Saffire units together, but using two sound-cards going into different busses is quite problematic. This is because they will not clock together unless you use an external 'world clock' or write/download a 'Max 5' patch that will do the same job.

Hope this helps.

[quote name='BassBalls' post='492231' date='May 19 2009, 11:42 AM']Im not sure what happens when you 'daisy chain' two Saffire units together, but using two sound-cards going into different busses is quite problematic. This is because they will not clock together unless you use an external 'world clock' or write/download a 'Max 5' patch that will do the same job.

Hope this helps.[/quote]

You can connect the saffires directly together, Cubase just see's the additional inputs. Its a very handy function on the Saffires.
Clocking seems to be done via the USB ports too, but i would always recoment connecting the Word Clock and using that.

G

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='492371' date='May 19 2009, 02:13 PM']Would you be interested in a part ex for a M-Audio Firewire 410?

Cheers[/quote]

That looks like a good downgrade, but I might have a problem with the unbalanced outputs. I was getting a lot of hum before I went to balanced cables through my active monitors so I'm afraid that would return with this unit. Can anyone shed any light?

Ta,
Ben.

[quote name='ben604' post='492389' date='May 19 2009, 02:32 PM']That looks like a good downgrade, but I might have a problem with the unbalanced outputs. I was getting a lot of hum before I went to balanced cables through my active monitors so I'm afraid that would return with this unit. Can anyone shed any light?

Ta,
Ben.[/quote]

USB and Firewire powered audio interfaces are legendary for that – I was once told it was due to the power not being grounded properly (or at all) through the USB/Firewire cable. The USB Mbox interfaces that comes with the ProTools LE packages are really bad for this.

I have 2 m-audio delta 1010s in my PC at the moment, and for drums I always use at least 10 mics. My problem at the moment is bad quality pre-amps, and I thought this might be a solution. Now I think not as i'd have to find another saffire at a bargain price as well as sell my existing gear.

Ta for the info!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='ben604' post='492152' date='May 19 2009, 10:03 AM']Hello,

I did have this on ebay a week or so back but it was bought by a "0" feedback Belgian who hasnt managed to even respond yet (I'm having some terrible luck on ebay at the moment with dodgy buyers).

So, back up for offer on here.

Firewire interface with 8 mic preamps, very highly regarded as this review testifies: [url="http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/dec06/articles/saffire.htm"]http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/dec06/articles/saffire.htm[/url] (the 10 io is the same as the 26 io apart from the lack of ADAT connectivity)

Rock solid on XP, not so solid on Vista (but who's recording using Vista?!) It's in excellent condition and has been used mostly in my bedroom and occassionally up at the practice space with my laptop. I've got both 4 and 6 pin firewire cables, the PSU, rack ears and software but the box went mouldy in the garage.

£200 + £10 for insured postage or collection in Upton on the Wirral.

Cheers,
Ben.[/quote]

• 5 months later...