Why become a member? ×

SVT-VR

ped

Hi folks

There’s an Ampeg SVT-VR for sale near me. Refinished in white vinyl, with matching 1x15 cab. £1400. It’s on Facebook. I’m really tempted but just don’t think I could manage it or need the power. Having struggled in the past with moving other tube heads I’m not sure I want to go back, but man does it look cool. 

May be of interest to someone, which will stop me buying it!

Happy to go and check it out if useful to anyone. It’s in York. 

https://www.facebook.com/share/Cw5cNxZrkiu24Sd5/?mibextid=79PoIi

IMG_9046.jpeg

• Like 12

It may be cheaper to buy a sack of sand, and walk around your house with it for one week at least 30 minutes three times a day. You'll get more muscles, or less Ampeg. Or more Ampeg, because then you have the power to carry it to gigs and rehearsals.

• Haha 3

I seem to remember that the VR was not too well received in the pages of TalkBass.  It does strike me as being a bit on the expensive side. That said I have little experience of pricing in the UK.

• Like 1

I think if you want to go 'SVT' the second hand SVTII on Richtone is the way to go.  Based in Sheffield so not a million miles from you and just shy of £900 for the head

20 minutes ago, Pow_22 said:

I think if you want to go 'SVT' the second hand SVTII on Richtone is the way to go.  Based in Sheffield so not a million miles from you and just shy of £900 for the head

Thanks, hand on heart I only liked this because it’s close by and because it looks cool. I don’t think I actually want or need an SVT. 

• Like 1