Why become a member? ×

1973 Rickenbacker 4000s - *SOLD*
£2800
Manchester

Posted (edited)

1 of 3 basses that are listed and I’ll keep the last 1 to sell.

Bought recently to be my travel bass (a more simplified ric) but due to the long waiting times on a Gruv Gear Kapsule I’ve reconsidered and am just thinking of continuing to travel with the either my Mustang or Serek and the Kapsule I already have that fits them (they will both be listed in the next few weeks).

Rickenbacker 1973 (March) in Jet Glory. Rare model with single pick up which was first famously first used in the UK by John Entwistle in the 60’s. No frills design, fantastic player. Dual truss rods work perfectly and the action is set low.

This is one punchy bass with all the Rickenbacker bass growl. The Jetglo finish is ageing well, slight crazing appearing, some marks to the body and rash to the rear. Good condition (for a 50 year old bass) with some buckle rash on the back. When I got it was missing the screws for the string mute, but on these older models these are interchangeable with the strap pins. So they’ve been moved to the bridge and I’ve added some Schaller straplocks as the strap pins.

I’ve restrung it with D’addario chromes

Weight from the shop listing is 8lb 7oz and it will come with a Mono Sleeve in Grey (not the non ric case shown that I decided not to take when I bought it)

ric4000s-5.jpg

ric4000s-2.jpg

ric4000s.jpg

ric4000s-6.jpg

ric4000s-3.jpg

ric4000s-4.jpg

Edited by tayste_2000

• tayste_2000 changed the title to 1973 Rickenbacker 4000s SOLD