Why become a member? ×

Massive DI/preamp shoot out!

krispn

Any thoughts anyone? In a live mix it’d be hard to tell the difference. Recording in a studio would be fine to tell the nuisances. Well, it could also be my cloth ears lol 😂 

• Like 1

Some do sound more pleasing to my ear than other. I was able to pick out my main gigging preamp as I was making dinner and listening on headphones. 

There’s certainly some I’d prefer to have than others but like most things on a gig who would know only us. 

• Like 1

Long time no post for me.  Recently in search of “my sound” in preamp pedal format, I had to watch the video when I came across it.  He misses a few from my list (Mesa, Genzler and Laney specifically) but still a great watch.

Sound wise- whether through my wireless in ear buds or wired headphones or iems,  I was surprised to like the cleans from the Ag Tonehammer as much as I did.  But not surprised to hear the “most” from the big old REDDI.  FAT tone.

But mostly, p-bass (or jazz-ish) with rounds is what I heard.  Which is what my wallet needed me to hear since I don’t record and mostly play through FOH at church where my tone is murdered anyway.  Probably spend the money on something else and my time on practice.

Great video as many of his are.

• Like 4