Why become a member? ×

Squier MIJ Silver Series P - tuner hole diameter

Posted (edited)

I'm thinking of putting some lightweight tuners on my Silver Series P (pic below). Before I start dismantling things, does anyone happen to know the diameter of the hole in the headstock and whether the bushing is rebated or just sits in the top of a 'straight through' hole? The bushings are quite compact with in inside diameter of 12.2mm and outside diameter of 18mm. I'm guessing the hole is somewhere between 14mm and 16mm, which narrows down the replacement options somewhat (I don't think there's an exact drop-in replacement), but it would be good to know for sure before I start messing around. I know that changing tuners isn't always as easy as it might seem! Thanks for any input.

SquierMIJSilverSeriesheadstock.jpg.335514403048f8d52b95cfffe4e018a8.jpg

Edited by ikay

• ikay changed the title to Squier MIJ Silver Series P - tuner hole diameter
17 hours ago, neepheid said:

What's the matter with the stock tuners?  Just curious, not being argumentative.

Nothing wrong with the tuners. The bass is a very comfortable 8lbs 3oz and ever so slightly neck heavy. Nothing a grippier strap won't sort to be honest but I quite like the idea of a sub 8lb bass!

14 hours ago, LeftyJ said:

Thanks! The bushing hole is 15mm for anyone else who would like to know.

1 minute ago, ikay said:

Nothing wrong with the tuners. The bass is a very comfortable 8lbs 3oz and ever so slightly neck heavy. Nothing a grippier strap won't sort to be honest but I quite like the idea of a sub 8lb bass!

That sounds like hell to me - I'm one of these odd bods that don't like a bass to be too light.  Well, we're all different, and thank goodness for that.  Best of luck with it!