Why become a member? ×

Ibanez EHB1505MS
£850
Chelmsford

Philly

Up for sale or trade is my lovely EHB1505MS black ice flat, with a burl poplar top and mahogany body. I love these basses for their comfort but just want something a little more traditional at the moment. Open to trades for other 4 or 5 strings. 

it’s in really good condition with only one blemish on the top edge where you rest your arm which is hardly noticeable.

The only alteration to standard was moving the strap button to a more traditional position by the bridge, which for me made the bass sit so much better. There are also larger dot markers on the side of the neck, but those are removable. I've owned both the 1500 and 1505 series basses, and this one is a substantial step up in build and tone.

Comes with the finger ramp and decent original gigbag. 

Manufactures spec and blurb:

Body & Neck

The body of the EHB series basses has been carefully designed for optimal ergonomics. The bass will sit in a comfortable position whether you’re stood up or sat down, with a set of simple curves and contours that offer excellent mobility and flexibility. The body wood of choice is African Mahogany, with an eye-catching Poplar Burl top.

The multi-scale neck employs a 9-piece design comprised of Panga Panga and Walnut. A set of Graphite reinforcement rods provide supreme stability, durability and resistance against the elements. Stainless Steel frets and luminous side dots further emphasise the expertise that has gone into the EHB’s design process. The multi-scale concept mirrors the movement of your hand, making for a comfortable, adaptive playing experience.

Electronics & Hardware

On the electronics front, you get a set of Nordstrand Big Split pickups with a hum-cancelling design. These pickups are known for their hybrid P/J tone, well balanced but with a bit of midrange bite when needed. A vari-mid 3-band EQ (complete with bypass switch) further complements a wide tonal palette.

Finally, a specially-designed bridge – the MR5HS – is unique in that each bridge piece is independently attached to the body for maximum vibration transfer. Adjustable saddles, Schaller S-lock strap pins and a Neutrik locking jack are the final pro-grade appointments – this bass means business.

Specifications

Pangapanga/Walnut neck with Graphite reinforcement rods

889mm/35" scale at 5th string, 838mm/33" scale at 1st string

Poplar Burl top/Selected lightweight African Mahogany body

Bound Panga Panga fretboard w/Abalone off-set dot

Medium Stainless Steel frets

Nordstrand Custom Big Split neck pickup

Nordstrand Custom Big Split bridge pickup

Vari-mid 3-band EQ

EQ bypass switch (passive tone control on treble pot)

MR5HS bridge (18mm string spacing)

Black hardware

Ibanez custom headpieces

Factory Tuning: 1G, 2D, 3A, 4E, 5B

String Gauge: .045/.065/.080/.100/.130

Schaller S-Locks strap pins

Luminescent side dot inlay

Finger Ramp included

Gig bag included

IMG_9392.jpeg

IMG_9391.jpeg

IMG_9393.jpeg

IMG_9395.jpeg

IMG_9396.jpeg

IMG_9397.jpeg

Edited by Philly
Wording
  • Like 12

Great price!

I have the 6 string version and it's superb. It's very comfortable to play and very lightweight at 3.5kg. I would imagine this to be lighter still.

Had I not got the 6 string recently, I probably would have bought this as I'm not too far from Chelmsford.

Good luck with the sale!

6 hours ago, ASW said:

Great price!

I have the 6 string version and it's superb. It's very comfortable to play and very lightweight at 3.5kg. I would imagine this to be lighter still.

Had I not got the 6 string recently, I probably would have bought this as I'm not too far from Chelmsford.

Good luck with the sale!

Thank you for the comments, they are the most comfortable basses I have ever played and perfectly lightweight and balanced whilst still feeling substantial. 

7 hours ago, ASW said:

Great price!

Good luck with the sale!

I am but I am so tempted 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Geek99 said:

What do the knobs do ? Just asking, y’know for a friend 

Volume, blend, stacked bass/treble, stacked mid/mid freq, active/passive switch. The lowest peak on the mid freq goes right down to 100hz.