Why become a member? ×

FS/FT: FINAL DROP £1000! Sadowsky Japan (2018) RV4 MetroExpress - *SOLD*
£1350
Chester le Street

Paddy777

FINAL PRICE DROP: **NOW £1,000** - For 1 WEEK ONLY 

If it’s not sold by the end of Sunday 28th April I’ll take it down and keep it - this is an absolutely amazing price for this bass, however it’s a buyers market at the moment, but I’ll absolutely take it down at the end of next week if it isn’t sold

Poss Trade or PX (either way - see below for trade options )

I have this absolutely lovely 2018 Sadowsky RV4E MetroExpress (the JAPANESE version) 4 string Jazz Bass in ‘59 Burst, weighing in at under 8.5lbs

As most people reading will know, the short lived Japanese MetroExpress basses were made to the same spec as the 🇯🇵 Metroline basses but with less options

(See: https://sadowsky.com/discontinued-instruments/japanese-metroexpress-basses/ for more info). 

This bass is every inch a Sadowsky, it looks, feels and sounds as fantastic as you’d expect. It’s really light, comes with the VTC preamp and it is in excellent condition. It’s not perfect - but it’s not far off, there is however a tiny chip out of the finish at the back of the bass by the electronics cavity, but it isn’t noticeable at all really, and not something that should concern anyone but it’d be wrong not to mention it - it’s got zero buckle rash or anything like that, and apart from the minute chip on the back it’s as good as new. There also a bit of discolouration under the pots, nothing major at all but it would be remiss of me not to mention it. I’ve literally just put a brand new set of Fender 7025’s on as well, so it’s ready to roll! 

This was my “dream bass” for a long time, but when II finally got it I realised I just do not get to play my 4 strings anymore, whenever I gig it is with a 5, and I can’t afford and don’t want to have my best & by some margin most expensive bass the one in my collection I play the least!

I have priced this very cheap (for what it is) to sell. Bassbros have one exactly the same but black for £1599 and there’s one on eBay for about that price too, so I think I’ve put it up for a realistic selling price - I am always up for a deal, so give me a shout with what you have and see what we can sort 

Trades/PX:

Definitely interested in potential trades & PX:

5 string Jazz or PJ (Similar standard - Xotic/Sei/Lakland/Fender etc) for a straight swap (or maybe with cash your way for the right thing), but also I’ll take PX with a cheaper bass plus cash 

I’m actively looking for a nice Lakland 55-01 at the mo (but I’d maybe take a 55-02, 55-60 or DJ5 as PX as well) or a Cort Elrick NJS5 

I’d love a Yamaha BBP35, but would look at a BB735a or a TRB1005J.

Happy to look at good cheaper basses - MIM Fender, 5 String RSD Ch-adowsky (PJ especially), Charvel San Dimas V, G&L Tribute   L2500 - try me and see what can be worked out) 

I’m happy to do PX plus cash my way - drop me a message and the worst I can say is No thanks 

Also quite fancy a Jad Freer Capo and I’m after a HX Stomp again, so either/both of these would be acceptable as makeweights in a trade.

I think I’m definitely making it fairly easy to do a deal and for someone to get their hands on an absolutely stone mint 🇯🇵 Sadowsky Jazz Bass!

Shipping can be arranged if necessary but we can discuss it via PM 

IMG_3143.thumb.jpeg.df9d708c1b51fa96111e73939437e269.jpegIMG_3144.thumb.jpeg.e70647e79dffd8d97c663afd9e67aa64.jpegIMG_3145.thumb.jpeg.cf606af0bc9bf07e78eaa048ef669b19.jpegIMG_3141.thumb.jpeg.bd078fe2bf4cc4f9fc299c2001a3f823.jpegIMG_3142.thumb.jpeg.43f8d4b14b990f3932c6c05eb0d193df.jpegIMG_3146.thumb.jpeg.162871382f5753a96eabc039218fb134.jpegIMG_3148.thumb.jpeg.1780f7732845cb192fb934780bdc410c.jpegIMG_3147.thumb.jpeg.ef4c79b2c3986460ed61c7f0e3601995.jpegIMG_3149.thumb.jpeg.d66c55d087e2711167531f08b088538b.jpeg

Edited by Paddy777
  • Like 9

• Paddy777 changed the title to FS/FT: Sadowsky Japan (2018) RV4 MetroExpress Now £1,195

That's super cheap for one of these.

I'd have it off you if I hadn't already given you all my bass tokens for something else of yours. That and my ongoing obsession with the five string Chadowskys. 

GLWTS!

• Like 1

Absolutely great instrument and price. I own Japan MetroExpress MV5 (2019) and it is much better than newer German Metroline 🙂

I compared Japan Metroexpress and Japan Metroline and quality is the same. There are no main diffrences. Only Metroexpress have chambered bodies and they are much lighter (my 5 string Sadowsky weights around 3,7 Kg).

Sorry for spam, GLWS!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Yeh I think some people get confused about the quality of these basses with the Chinese MetroExpress’s, but this is a full blooded Japanese Sadowsky in almost immaculate condition for under £1200!

This would have been gone in an hour a year ago haha 😆 I’ve never played a German Sadowsky so any comment made would just be hearsay, but they don’t seem to have the same rep the Japanese ones have 

Edited by Paddy777
Autocorrect Fails! 🤦‍♂️
  • Like 2

In terms of the touch and feel, japan made metro express is the most authentic one to NYC profile from neck to body, and the build quality is far above the recent metro line from German...

The only reason to let go mine was to fund a dream comes true NYC build.

You won't get anything better than this deal..

• Like 1

• Paddy777 changed the title to FS/FT: FINAL DROP £1095 Sadowsky Japan (2018) RV4 MetroExpress
Posted (edited)

**Final Price Drop until next Sun 28th April and then it’s coming down if it’s not sold - £1,000!!**

Shipping available at your cost (can arrange insured shipping for you though)

Trades welcomed, PX with cash my way (or potentially with cash your way for the right bass)

**EDIT** - As it’s for this week only and I have my eye on something, I am reducing it to £1,000. For a Japanese Sadowsky in great condition. Read that again 👀

Edited by Paddy777

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Terry M. said:

I would have bitten your hand off had this been a fiver. 

Edit - Apologies misunderstood your post 😝 

Yeh if this was a 5 string it’d be going nowhere! 😂 I’d love a Japanese 5 string Sadowsky but we’ll see

Edited by Paddy777

• Paddy777 changed the title to FS/FT: FINAL DROP £1000! Sadowsky Japan (2018) RV4 MetroExpress
15 hours ago, Paddy777 said:

Edit - Apologies misunderstood your post 😝 

Yeh if this was a 5 string it’d be going nowhere! 😂 I’d love a Japanese 5 string Sadowsky but we’ll see

You didn't think I meant 5 pounds did you? That's hilarious 😆 I'm waiting patiently for the right Japanese 5 string Sadowsky to turn up 👍

• Paddy777 changed the title to Sold: FINAL DROP £1000! Sadowsky Japan (2018) RV4 MetroExpress