Why become a member? ×

Yamaha SBV 500 (Metallic Blue) - *SOLD*
£750
Haywards Heath

Plusnine

Here for sale is one of the most unique basses I’ve ever owned, a Yamaha SBV 500 from (I believe) 1998. 

It’s an absolutely fantastic Yamaha jazz style bass, with a pretty wide range of sounds available. I’ve mostly used it for recording since I’ve owned it and it’s given me no issues whatsoever. 

In terms of condition, the bass has no issues at all, a few very minor bumps as you’d expect from an older instrument like this, but overall it’s in rather great shape. 

The only things of note are the lack of headstock logo which has rubbed off, as well as a small outline of a faded sticker that was once on the scratch plate, before I purchased the bass. 

As for the logo, I’ve purchased a like-for-like decal of the original which I have yet to add on, but I’m happy to include as part of the price. 

For the sticker mark, I’ve not attempted to try and do anything with it as it doesn’t bother me personally, but custom scratch plates are available if you’d like to get something pristine. 

It’s served me really well since I’ve had it, but I’m looking to move on to something like a Stingray or similar, so I’m looking to raise some funds. At time of posting, I believe there’s only one other for sale in the UK, as I had to get this shipped over from Japan. Happy to negotiate within reason on price. I’ll also throw in a gig bag at no extra cost.

I’m based in Haywards Heath, and I’d be happy to post at buyer’s expense and risk - but an in-person delivery (within a 40-ish mile radius with some extra fuel money) or collection would be preferred! 

I’ve tried to photograph any potential scratches but please let me know if you’d like more photos!

Thanks for looking :) 

IMG_9800.jpeg

IMG_9801.jpeg

IMG_9802.jpeg

IMG_9803.jpeg

IMG_9804.jpeg

IMG_9805.jpeg

IMG_9806.jpeg

IMG_9807.jpeg

IMG_9808.jpeg

IMG_9809.jpeg

IMG_9810.jpeg