Why become a member? Ɨ
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yamaha SBV 500 (Metallic Blue) - *SOLD*
Ā£750
Haywards Heath

Plusnine

Here for sale is one of the most unique basses Iā€™ve ever owned, a Yamaha SBV 500 from (I believe) 1998.Ā 
Ā 

Itā€™s an absolutely fantastic Yamaha jazz style bass, with a pretty wide range of sounds available. Iā€™ve mostly used it for recording since Iā€™ve owned it and itā€™s given me no issues whatsoever.Ā 
Ā 

In terms of condition, the bass has no issues at all, a few very minor bumps as youā€™d expect from an older instrument like this, but overall itā€™s in rather great shape.Ā 
Ā 

The only things of note are the lack of headstock logo which has rubbed off, as well as a small outline of a faded sticker that was once on the scratch plate, before I purchased the bass.Ā 

As for the logo, Iā€™ve purchased a like-for-like decal of the original which I have yet to add on, but Iā€™m happy to include as part of the price.Ā 
Ā 

For the sticker mark, Iā€™ve not attempted to try and do anything with it as it doesnā€™t bother me personally, but custom scratch plates are available if youā€™d like to get something pristine.Ā 
Ā 

Itā€™s served me really well since Iā€™ve had it, but Iā€™m looking to move on to something like a Stingray or similar, so Iā€™m looking to raise some funds. At time of posting, I believe thereā€™s only one other for sale in the UK, as I had to get this shipped over from Japan. Happy to negotiate within reason on price. Iā€™ll also throw in a gig bag at no extra cost.
Ā 

Iā€™m based in Haywards Heath, and Iā€™d be happy to post at buyerā€™s expense and risk - but an in-person delivery (within a 40-ish mile radius with some extra fuel money) or collection would be preferred!Ā 
Ā 

Iā€™ve tried to photograph any potential scratches but please let me know if youā€™d like more photos!
Ā 

Thanks for looking :)Ā 

IMG_9800.jpeg

IMG_9801.jpeg

IMG_9802.jpeg

IMG_9803.jpeg

IMG_9804.jpeg

IMG_9805.jpeg

IMG_9806.jpeg

IMG_9807.jpeg

IMG_9808.jpeg

IMG_9809.jpeg