Why become a member? ×

New Bass Day

DTB

30 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

I've seen a couple recently, both under £2k. 

A lot of bass, even for that money.

Really? 😳for a new one???

Hope that is a second hand price or I over paid a lot. 

They are stacked humbuckers like Fender noiseless strat pickups, which I actually don’t like much I prefer a traditional strat single coil and have swapped mine out, but as far as these go they are perfect, but that is only my opinion. I like noiseless on a bass, not too bothered on a strat, but then my bass playing is better than my guitaring lol. 

• Like 1

I noticed a strange vibration from the E and B saddles yesterday. I was really tired and in a lot of pain so I put the bass away. 
I tried a fresh E string today and it was the same. 
Very annoying on a bass of the price. I noticed the saddle was very slightly higher one side than the other so I levelled them both and it seems to have fixed it most of the time. 
Anyone else had this issue with this bass or bass fitted with this bridge please? If so what is the fix?

thanks. 

45 minutes ago, DTB said:

I noticed a strange vibration from the E and B saddles yesterday. I was really tired and in a lot of pain so I put the bass away. 
I tried a fresh E string today and it was the same. 
Very annoying on a bass of the price. I noticed the saddle was very slightly higher one side than the other so I levelled them both and it seems to have fixed it most of the time. 
Anyone else had this issue with this bass or bass fitted with this bridge please? If so what is the fix?

thanks. 

I had an issue on  Fender where I got a rattle from the G string. The reason was that the saddle wasn’t compressing the spring and the spring would make a sound. Easy fix once identified (and not Fenders fault!)

yes i thought it was exactly that, but I don’t think it is. If i press down on top of the string where it passes over the saddle it doesn’t do it. I resettled the string into the saddle with a bit of pressure and a wiggle of the string and it sorted it for a while. Almost as if there isn’t enough break angle from the anchor point to the saddle for the B and E strings. The action is set incredibly low and the neck has the tiniest bit of relief. It is obviously set up for a player with a very light touch. I always give myself a few hours playing a new instrument before jumping in with lots of radical set up changes in case I like it the way it is or sounds worse when I alter it. The set up reminds me of my Geddy Lee bass I had when I was working.
I will try a new set of strings over the next few days. I really hope this doesn't turn out to be a problem bass.

No buzz today so it must have been just the strings not settled onto the saddles properly.
now to get some playing done.

thanks for all the likes on the photo 😁