Why become a member? ×

G&L PRE AMP Rev 1.1 (2002) for L2000 L2500 or ASAT £40 Preamp still available incl UK deliv
£150
Suffolk

Hi everyone. This is Revision 1.1 Pre Amp + Pots and switches - Still available for £40 ( Pickups now sold - hence £150 Originally)

I got a G&L USA L2000 (2002 ) recently and have had it refreshed with a new preamp and pickups

by local excellent bass and guitar technician Steve Barratt at guitarlodge.co.uk in Felixstowe.

He’s prepared the old preamp for me to resell, replaced one faulty switch and bought a new jack socket and 

made all connections good. Then Tested by himself.

Steve labelled the parts ( Blend is the neck/both/bridge switch ).

The board is Rev 1.1 as you’ll see in the photos along with Paul Gagon’s ( Ex G&L electronics top guy)

low down on the Revisions 1997 and 2011 ? but see what I extracted from Basstalk site.

Very minor revisions ,he writes, and the latest (2011) Rev 1.3 has some filter to cut

out possible radio interference which some players’s set ups or location can occasionally pick up.

Must be rare that, because the Rev was only introduced  after donkeys years from first edition preamp.

£40 includes UK delivery.

No knobs ( on my bass ) but Armstrong sell beauties to fit ( see photo ) aluminium, super shiny

chrome finish and knurled nicely rather than pointy-style like some.

Thanks for looking.

Quent

IMG_2097.jpeg

IMG_2096.jpeg

IMG_2087.jpeg

IMG_1972.png

IMG_2090.jpeg

IMG_1946.webp

IMG_1795.png

Edited by Quent
Deleted more Pickups info and photos now Sold but Preamp still available.
  • Like 1

• Quent changed the title to G&L PRE AMP Rev 1.1 (2002) for L2000 L2500 or ASAT £40 Preamp still available incl UK deliv
  • ped unlocked this topic