Why become a member? ×

Modellers/multi effects: Rethinking everything

TRBboy

On 08/03/2024 at 15:00, TRBboy said:

I do like my B3, I've had it for ages, but it's a bit big, and I really want some of the newer Zoom sounds, so I'm really looking forward to trying the B1 Four 

How are you getting on with the B1-4?

I suspect to @tauzero's shock, I will say that if there's one niggle I have with the Zoom B1-4, it's that it's a noisier than I would like with one of my gigging basses and I end up using a "Motown" patch with a cut at 1.6kHz and 3.2kHz plus the Zoom noise reduction sim on all of my patches as standard. But given the flexibility it offers elsewhere for its ridiculously low price point, I've been able to live with that work around. Don't know if other B1-4 users have had a similar issue?

I'm hoping that the MS-60B+ with its improved chip set will be less noisy.

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Al Krow said:

How are you getting on with the B1-4?

I suspect to @tauzero's shock, I will say that if there's one niggle I have with the Zoom B1-4, it's that it's a noisier than I would like with one of my gigging basses and I end up using a "Motown" patch with a cut at 1.6kHz and 3.2kHz plus the Zoom noise reduction sim on all of my patches as standard. But given the flexibility it offers elsewhere for its ridiculously low price point, I've been able to live with that work around. Don't know if other B1-4 users have had a similar issue?

I'm hoping that the MS-60B+ with its improved chip set will be less noisy.

I've not had time to do much with it yet, arrived Thursday. Did manage to spend a little time setting up some sounds last night, but needs done further tweakery. I'm using the Dark Pre fire my crunch/light OD sound, and I've setup a choice of two patches for higher gain, Dark OD and DI+. Also a chorus patch; I've gone with the Corona for now, but struggling to decide which I like best. I prefer the chorus on the B3 though at the moment. 

I'll just be using them as standalone effects, no amp/cab Sims, comps etc.