Why become a member? ×

Line 6 Relay G10SII & Ibanez SR505E

Samwise

Hi All, I’m about to upgrade to an Ibanez SR505E, and I’m also getting a line 6 relay G10SII  to go with it. Does anyone know if the transmitter that comes with the line 6 relay equipment actually fits into the slightly embedded jack socket on the SR series of basses?

IMG_0064.thumb.jpeg.04c26c43728b1698570f10576a813aa9.jpegIMG_0063.jpeg.b350756c1e74e05d4b1cf1cc9f4c21ea.jpeg

I can't say for sure but given I had to swap out a 90 degree jack (which didnt fit) for a straight jack (which did) when I got an SR, I'd guess from your picture that it may not fit.  Looks close though, so hopefully someone will have tried it and can say for sure!

• Thanks 1

Have you thought of a short half meter lead from jack plug to socket?... with the Tx attached to a strap? Out of harms way.

I wouldn't want it sticking out a P at 90 degs or hanging out the bottom of an edge jack bass, waiting for a Clonk, And avoids a 'How do i fix my Relay' post like the Amp Plug thingies that get a clout...

Look much sleeker as well...

Edited by PaulThePlug

Q... How does the connection work?

Looks like TRS, but the Ibby uses a TRS Socket, expecting a TS Jack to 'Short' the R and S - Batt Neg - to turn on the Pre

EDIT: was intrigued... so had a look at the destructions...

Right-angled 1/4" Adapter - The    included    Relay    G10    transmitter    adapter    can    be    used    to    place    the    transmitter    at    a    right    angle    into    the    guitar,    if    such    placement    is    desired.    It    also    provides    improved    compatibility    with    active    guitars    that    have    non-standard    jack    wiring.    Please    see    line6.com/support/g10adapter    for    more    information.

So looks like an adapter is needed anyhows! - Mono-a-mono!

Edited by PaulThePlug

AIUI, the ring and sleeve are connected to battery negative and preamp ground one way round on most basses, but certain ones have them the other way round. Most wireless transmitters don't give a monkey's but there are certain ones (presumably ones that charge through their own TRS plugs) that are sensitive to which way round the connections are, and for those the simplest solution is to connect them via a mono in-line socket and mono plug.