Why become a member? ×

Retro gear - Carlsbro Echo analog delay - Korg DDM-110 drum machine

Ou7shined

I've got a bunch of great gear coming up for sale on here soon but I feel these [b]oldies[/b] need a separate thread to themselves.

First up my [url="http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Effects/product/Carlsbro/Echo/10/1"]Carlsbro Echo analog delay[/url]
Very old and super rare analog delay in full working order. I have had this for the last 25 years and it is in pretty much the same cosmetic condition now that I got it in.... scruffy (some might say relic'd :)). Functionally it's whole a different kettle of Phish. This thing is built like a tank (total weight 650g) and I have recently given this tank an overhaul. While combating a dry joint problem I went overboard and completely re-soldered every single joint and track on the ancient circuit board and thoroughly degunked and switch cleaned the footswitch and all the pots. It now performs 100%.

Controls = Delay - Swell - Mix
I/O = In - Mix - Direct

It is a warm sounding, twin output, true by-pass (as far as I can tell) delay that can achieve almost reverb-like sounds, good for instruments (especially bass) or vocals, and can also produce some real freaky sounds if you like to twiddle on the fly.

Second up - my [u]Korg DDM-110 drum machine[/u]

Here's a warts n all review -> [url="http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jan01/articles/korgddm110.asp"]linky[/url]

I have owned this from new (bought it mid '80s) and it is in reasonable condition and fully functioning (caveat -> the 4/rim pad sometimes need a second tap).
If you are looking for a dynamic live sounding kit then "move on there's nothing to see here" but if all you are after is something to jam along to or store ideas on or if you are specifically looking for a cheesy '80s sound then this is the chap for you.
I recently used it to pass on some song ideas to our drummer so it has fresh batteries in it (takes 6 x AA). I'm pretty sure I have a manual (or a link) for it too.

[color="#FF0000"]SOLD[/color]

Thanks for looking.
Rich.

Edited by Ou7shined

The deal for the Carlsbro Echo has fallen through and is back on the market BUMP.

The unhappy purchaser has reported a characteristic that I feel in the spirit of fairness I should mention here to prevent any further disappointment. He says that when you engage the effect, it is already echoing the cycle just prior to switching it on. This leads to the supposition that the pedal splits the signal to bypass and the process simultaneously and once engaged it switches path to the processes signal. I had not actually noticed this myself in the 25 years that I had it but obviously to some people this characteristic is perceptible and reason enough to return it.

• 1 year later...