Why become a member? ×

Who knows about Mono bass cases?

ossyrocks

I had the Vertigo and I now have a Sleeve.

Both very good, but the Vertigo is quite heavy - with my Superlight basses the bag was nearly as heavy as the bass!

I'm happy with the sleeve, although RedX's point about walking long distances and comfort is accurate. I never have to walk more than 100m with it so I'm ok with it. But for shortareses like me the banging on the back of the legs could get annoying for longer distances.

• Like 1

You got me curious, so I checked.  I just removed and put back a bass in a TGI Extreme gig bag in an upright orientation.  It keeps its shape when open and it has a velcro strap thingy for securing the neck.

Edited by neepheid
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, ossyrocks said:

Because.......... err, you make a good point. I'll see how easy it is to use the case in a standing position.

I don't think I've ever pulled a bass out of any gigbag in a non standing position... Just never occurred to me that I should lie it down to get it out. The zip toggle is already out of the way and the zip itself is plastic/nylon and probably less hard than a poly finish.