Why become a member? ×

Sire V7 Fretless 5 String - *SOLD*
£450
Glasgow

gtammaro88

Fretless 5 string Sire V7 Marcus Miller. Purchased in December 2022 for a panto run. Alder body with an olympic white finish and maple neck.

As you can see the bass still has the plastic over the pickups and tags on it as well as still running off the original 9v battery. The thing has barely been used. Original shipping case, packaging for it all as well. In it's short life it has lived on a music stand (covered between shows) or in it's case. Play's great, sounds great and deserves a good home.

New the V7 basses cost between 550-600 and currently have around a waiting time to be shipped from the states.

Happy to provide additional photos. Happy to ship at buyers expense.

IMG_4931.jpeg

IMG_5134.jpeg

IMG_5135.jpeg

IMG_5136.jpeg

IMG_5137.jpeg

Edited by gtammaro88
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, gtammaro88 said:

I just so happen to have one available if you need to scratch that itch! 

I tried out a Musicman Stingray 5-string fretless today. It was really lovely to play AND it didn't even have fret markers so had to use the force! I've got a friend coming over tomorrow to take away my bitsa-Jazz for his son. If that goes to plan and junior likes the bass I'll have space in the collection! Only issue is I'm in London... 

Nice! Hopefully the next generation will be inspired to pick up the instrument.

I’ve still got all the shipping stuff from when I got it so I’m more than happy to get it to London if that’s how things play out. Feel free to message me if things go your way! 

Thanks. So, what was it about the bass that you didn't gel with? Personally, I'm a 5-string convert now - barely ever play a 4. My first bass was a fretless, one of the daftest things I ever did - locked me into a world of bad habbits - but my play with that Musicman today really reignited my love for that type of bass and I've been working like mad on harmony and technique for the past few years so I've got a very different approach to playing.

Honestly I’m not an active bass man. I needed a fretless for the show and that was what they could get to me the next day. I genuinely loved the sire so much I ordered the passive version so that arrived and I had no need to 2 fretless 5’s! Somebody else deserves this one! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, gtammaro88 said:

Honestly I’m not an active bass man. I needed a fretless for the show and that was what they could get to me the next day. I genuinely loved the sire so much I ordered the passive version so that arrived and I had no need to 2 fretless 5’s! Somebody else deserves this one! 

Ah. That makes sense. Honestly I don’t use the active on my Dingwall much but I just take the batteries out! 

13 minutes ago, gtammaro88 said:

It has sorry! It is now happily with Lee650

I’m not sure how to update the title of the post to say it’s been sold though

No problem. Just click on the three dots at the top of the listing for you and then choose edit - put sold in the title.

• Like 2

• gtammaro88 changed the title to Sire V7 Fretless 5 String *SOLD*