Why become a member? ×

Lakland DJ5 | Black Sparkle | John East Pre | Delano Pickups | *Sale Pending* - *SOLD*
£900
Manchester

Joebass

Hi,

Now for sale only as I've just bought something else.

Special offer £750 if you buy before the end of March! Price will go back up to £850 if it doesn't sell.

Up for sale is my Lakland DJ 5. It's a really awesome jazz bass that sounds and plays amazing; the B-string is brilliant!

Made in Korea in 2009 2007

Black Sparkle Finish

Maple fingerboard

19mm String Spacing

35" Scale

John East Preamp

9v Battery Box Mod on rear

Delano Pickups

Lakland gigbag

I think the weight is around 4.1kg but I will double check.

It's in good condition with light play wear, commensurate with its age, no major dings or damage.

I would be interested in trades for a decent 4-string Jazz (fretted or fretless) or a 6-string and I could add money for the right bass.

The bass is currently with me in Edinburgh but I have a box and can post.

IMG20230710131034.jpg

IMG20230710131029.jpg

IMG20230710131014.jpg

IMG20230710131003.jpg

IMG20230710130953.jpg

IMG20230710130941.jpg

Edited by Joebass
Sold
  • Like 11

I owned one of these a while back; while I can't speak for the mods here, from a playability perspective it was dreamy.  Mine had quite a flat fingerboard profile (very reminiscent of my Lull); it balanced wonderfully.  £900 for one of these with the add-ons is an absolute bargain. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My old bass. It was already a cracking instrument when I bought it, beautifully resonant and consistent right across the neck, and adding the East pre just brought an even greater range of tones to the palette, and the Delano pickups added more warmth and detail than the stock Hansons. It quickly became my main bass, so I had the battery box fitted by The Bass Gallery just to make changes easier. In the 10 years I owned it, it was used in the studio, on TV, shows all over the UK and Europe, lots of big festivals, and never missed a beat. Something sparkly caught my eye and rather stupidly I moved it on a couple of years ago. I ended up buying another DJ5 last year to replace it, otherwise I would happily buy this one back!

Buy with confidence. You won't be disappointed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Joebass changed the title to Lakland DJ5 | Black Sparkle | John East Pre | Delano Pickups | *Need this gone — £750*
  • Joebass changed the title to Lakland DJ5 | Black Sparkle | John East Pre | Delano Pickups | Sold