Why become a member? ×

Lakland 55-01 with Bartolini NTMB preamp **ON HOLD** - *SOLD*
£650
Airdrie

geoham

Lakland 55-01 in antique white. Here's a few points of note:

Bartolini MK-1 pickups

3 band Bartolini NTMB preamp, with active/passive switch and midrange switchable between 250Hz and 800Hz. (Upgrade to original preamp)

New Ernie Ball Group IV flatwound strings, 45 to 135 gauge. 

35 inch scale

19mm string spacing

Currently has Schaller strap lock buttons installed. I can also throw in the strap part of these if needed.

I'm now at the point of simply having too many basses, so it's time for this one to go.

I've owned it since new in 2015. While I've used it in plenty of gigs, it's overall in great condition - no significant dings, chips or anything else I can find.

I'm in Airdrie, near Glasgow and collection is preferred.

I do however have a box, and am happy to ship this at cost if required.

Any questions, please feel free to ask in the comments or direct message.

D049A9AD-FAA5-4FC4-AEDB-D59FE84529B6_1_102_o.thumb.jpeg.8550c45a0277262c86dbaee7493e8ddf.jpeg

6AB0A178-5354-405C-A6C2-38D9C4C2DF3F_1_102_o.thumb.jpeg.cfd98747858a3a15ee99d840302d834a.jpeg

90F1FD36-8C3B-4997-B900-75F00591575D_1_102_o.thumb.jpeg.f994c56b1e9a9ce8c59c4446ebf6313c.jpeg

I had someone ask about a video, so I made this. Thought I'd be as well sharing this here for the rest of you to see too.

Edited by geoham
Added video link
  • Like 4

• geoham changed the title to Lakland 55-01 with Bartolini NTMB preamp

Some further information... 

I'm not especially interested in any trades.

I'm happy to travel a reasonable distance to meet someone rather than shipping. (For example, Gretna Services, just at the border)

• Like 1

• geoham changed the title to Lakland 55-01 with Bartolini NTMB preamp *New video demo*
11 hours ago, merello said:

Great wee video pal!

Cheers. I'll never have a career as a Youtube influencer, but hopefully I gave folk a decent idea of the bass!

Edited by geoham

1 hour ago, grahamd said:

Lovely. Is the NTMB an upgrade on the stock preamp? 

Yes, it originally came with an MK1 preamp.

To me, the biggest improvement is to the midrange, with the ability to switch between 250hz and 800hz.

Thanks,

George

3 hours ago, Pinball said:

Looks like a great buy for a gigging musician. 

Overall, it's a great gigging bass. I've found it very versatile, the tonal options can cover a lot of bases, which I've found useful when playing in covers bands. I personally don't deal very well with having to detune my bass - either for something that needs it like Fat Bottom Girls, or when a lower key is required to accommodate a singer - so the low B is really helpful here.

Thanks,

George

• geoham changed the title to Lakland 55-01 with Bartolini NTMB preamp
  • geoham changed the title to Lakland 55-01 with Bartolini NTMB preamp **ON HOLD**
  • geoham changed the title to **Sold** Lakland 55-01 with Bartolini NTMB preamp