Why become a member? ×

DMX Lighting Controllers

Norris

I already have a DMX controller that I've programmed with a few sequences for my lights - a slow, low, fading single-colour wash for between sets; and a brighter colourful sequence while we are playing.

However I have a hankering for something that I can control with my feet. Something that is easier to program than setting each individual RGBW value for each light, for each sequence step. Something that I can control the brightness without editing the sequence. Something that might run on my android tablet - or not.

What can you recommend?

For reference, I have a pair of Thomann Stairville CLB 4x RGBW bar lights and a couple of small derbys (although those are not DMX controlled at the moment)

I'm grappling with a similar issue. I have a DMX controller which accepts Midi input to change  functions. If yours does the same then a midi foot controller might be a solution. I have an old midi foot controler project which I'm going to try and revive to see if I can get it working.

If I were starting from scratch I'd buy the Bigfoot linked about. That looks like a great piece of kit for minimal programming effort.

I thought "foot controller" and then "I've got an Android tablet".  Either would be useable. I don't mind the sequence programming so much, but would be nice to be able to adjust the brightness to suit the room/proximity of the lights.

I'll check out that linked video now, thanks @Mudpup

I bought one of these a few weeks ago - https://www.multiform-store.com/products/multiform-intucon-lc400h2-f2-preset-controller-set

So far I’m pleased, previously we’d used a Chauvet Obey 3 with our rig comprising four par cans on a bar, a Stairville Show bar (which we would either fit on a stand or sit on the floor) and a single 7Q5 spot (ditto). The Obey 3 controller just sat in sound to light mode and worked ok, but the foot switch on this new one means you can blackout the lights at the end of a song or use a quick strobe burst (neither should be over used of course). The Multiform also seems to extract a wider range of colours from the same lights, and it’s easier to use. Also, their customer support in my experience is responsive and friendly. 

• Like 1