Why become a member? ×

Schalltechnik_04 VONG Filterung - HPF LPF Boost DI pedal - *SOLD*
£75
Leeds

LukeFRC

2024 Pedals cull - part 1 
Schalltechnik_04 VONG Filterung 

It's a HPF! It's a LPF! It's a boost! Its a DI! 

Basically the classy European answer to a Broughton HPF/LPF with added functions and a better* HPF

*i.e. steeper

£75 posted to your door (UK)

Their spiel .... 

The VONG-Filterung features: 

adjustable HighPass-Filter (30-140Hz)

4th Order-Filter -> -24dB/Oct.

• -12dB/Oct. fixed at 30Hz
  • -12dB/Oct. adjustable

adjustable LowPass-Filter (.250-22kHz)

• 2nd Order-Filter
  • -12dB/Okt. adjustable

DI-Out

• with Ground-Lift-Switch

adjustable Boost (up to +16dB) for the 1/4″-Output (can be set 0 to +16dB, or unity to +16dB, I've done the former)

Polarity-Switch (180°-Phase) for the 1/4″-Output

The Footswitch allows three different configurations:

1. LowPass-Filter: ON/OFF (how I've set it)
  2. Volume-Pot (Boost): ON/OFF
  3. Volume-Pot (Boost) and LowPass-Filter: ON/OFF

The first two options are quite intuitive – though it’s good to mention that there’s no audible difference between LPF=ON@22kHz and LPF=OFF therefore it is not needed to turn the LPF off if it is not wanted; just turn the knob to 22kHz and forget about it. 

The third option is quite nice to avoid the a drop in volume if the LPF is set to very low frequencies. That way it is possible to get reggae-like sounds without any volume drops.

• 10M ohm input - can be used with piezo pickups
  • 125b size
  • 32mA current draw

I got it as I used to use a HX stomp and used a high pass filter and low pass filter block on that as a pseudo cab that sounded nicer than a IR... so I recreated it in analogue form... 
I know @Owen uses his with the Piezo pickups on his double bass...
Mine is set up with footswitch option 1 - so in practice I stick the pedal at the end of the chain as an always on HPF and master volume control - I then hit the FS if I'm going to be using lots of gainy drive/fuzz pedals so it sounds nice, like bass fuzz into a bass cab... rather than bass fuzz straight into HF horns and your in ears... you know it makes sense!

So a useful wee box... but not getting used by me. 

Built as a kit by yours truly - I'm not a professional pedal builder but I know what I'm doing well enough that it's well built - semi polished aluminium enclosure with a Vong v60 filter graphic done as a brushed aluminium sticker for those who like a combination of coffee and bass pedals. (It's laminated finish so hardwaring and I probably have spare stickers I can send too) I'm a designer by trade so personally prefer my coffee joke to the official design you sometimes see...

The kit costs around £50 posted if you include knobs (but it's in lots of bits, and without graphics )
Built up I've seen these for sale on Basschat for over £100, which seems a bit steep to me -so am thinking £75 including postage to a UK address? Cheaper if you collect. 

I can set up the boost and foot switch options to your liking before I post too. 

Trades - not really needing anything, you can try me, a Zoom MS70cdr would be fun... 

IMG_0471.jpeg

IMG_0472.jpeg

IMG_0461.jpeg

Edited by LukeFRC
putting the features in a quote didn't make sense
  • Like 1

I used mine tonight and last night. It is superb for DB. Slice off the mud and tame any top end harshness or shinyness. I know people like shinyness. I do not on a DB. But as Luke points out, so many more uses. Amd a decent DI to boot. . 

• LukeFRC changed the title to SOLD Schalltechnik_04 VONG Filterung - HPF LPF Boost DI pedal