Why become a member? ×

MagSafe mounts?

MrDinsdale

I’ve just been using MagSafe phone mounts to attach my computer keyboard to a stand. Got me wondering if there was any feasible way of using the same approach for pedals or if they’d interfere with the signal?

Im guessing it’d be questionable for digital effects. 

On 29/01/2024 at 07:35, MrDinsdale said:

I’ve just been using MagSafe phone mounts to attach my computer keyboard to a stand. Got me wondering if there was any feasible way of using the same approach for pedals or if they’d interfere with the signal?

Im guessing it’d be questionable for digital effects. 

Shouldn't be a problem. Permanent magnets I assume. Think about it - they get attached to phones !

• Like 1

Yeah exactly! I did have a little play positioning the mount under some pedals and cranked my fuzz and there wasn’t any obvious noise or anything.

In terms of strength it’s easy enough to hold a pedal in place, certainly inline with Velcro.

I don’t the there’s an obvious advantage though as it’d cost more than Velcro and still require a MagSafe ring attaching to your pedals. That being said it’d be a little neater I think. 

Couldn't you just use neodymium magnets and double-sided tape to secure the effects?

Edit: to clarify, just in case, use the d/s tape to attach the magnets to the effects and to the pedalboard.

Edited by tauzero