Why become a member? ×

All change at the bass mags

EBS_freak

I'm a bit behind the times here but I see that Bill Leigh is no longer editor at Bass Player Magazine. It seems there is all change at the top of both the US and UK bass comics. Shame to see Bill go (it seems unclear whether he left of was pushed...?) but in steps Jon Herrera with promises of change. Hmm. More advertisements maybe?! And seriously, the magazine just jumped the shark with that power cable review... I'm sure if I sat JH in a room with an amp and I got him to play the same amps running off a load of different power cables blindfolded, he'd come well unstuck.

Anyway, I digress. I await with interest to see the big changes that are promised in both publication both sides of the pond.

Oh yeah... nice one to Bill for coming up with Bass Player Live... the event which brought together and gave birth to SMV.

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='485766' date='May 12 2009, 11:35 AM']I'm a bit behind the times here but I see that Bill Leigh is no longer editor at Bass Player Magazine. It seems there is all change at the top of both the US and UK bass comics. Shame to see Bill go (it seems unclear whether he left of was pushed...?) but in steps Jon Herrera with promises of change. Hmm. More advertisements maybe?! And seriously, the magazine just jumped the shark with that power cable review...[/quote]

That was the final straw for me. I won't buy it again.

My new year resolution was to stop buying magazines and I have kept it up so far. They are just an advertising vehicle and I find they very rarely have anything to interest me. I am certainly not missing them and at £3.00 - £4.00 an issue have saved quite a bit of money.