Why become a member? ×

bass fly rig 2

Maurice bates

hi all, was wondering if anyone has had any problems with the volume of the compression effect. I bought a fly rig bass pedal recently and the volume on the comp button was very loud, with the volume hardly used to that of the rest of the pedals, is this standard on this upgraded pedal 

• Like 1

Why go back?

If the control has enough range to dial it in then there is nothing wrong with it.

The entire range of each control is within normal parameters.

It’s only a problem if the needed sound can’t be reached.

Don’t be worried about using the entire range of the controls, thanks exactly what they are for.

• Like 1

On 18/01/2024 at 06:59, Maurice bates said:

hi all, was wondering if anyone has had any problems with the volume of the compression effect. I bought a fly rig bass pedal recently and the volume on the comp button was very loud, with the volume hardly used to that of the rest of the pedals, is this standard on this upgraded pedal 

Is the volume on your bass all the way up? What is the comp and level knob set at? 

• Like 2

hi, bass volume was on full, comp was set at 12 o'clock, volume level on comp was at about 7 o'clock, I like to switch between pedal and amp for differing songs but always use the comp section.

like I say the volume on the comp section was very loud when switching between pedal and amp , I returned pedal and recieved a full refund, I've reverted to using my  v1 pedal now 

• Like 1

I would have suggested trying to turn the comp control down. If the v1 works better for that's cool too. We have not heard similar complaints regarding the Bass Fly Rig v2 compressor but everyone's rig and situation is different.  

• Like 1