Why become a member? ×

Asian pickguard and pick-up mount screws

Happy new year. 

I have a mij Yamaha pulser pbass and I lost a pickguard screw and need to replace a pickup mount screw. I notice they are different to fender and western style. 

I’ve looked on all parts websites and so many options. I’m no diy person so apologies the noob question. 

is there a specific screw the Asian builders use?  I noticed all screws have codes.

cheers 

Possibly.

You could take another out and get an engineers supply store to tell you what it is. Probably M for metric for starters in a pickup mount screw. A big one might even have one in a bin for you.

The pickguard wouldn't be all that fussy so long as the head matches.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Downunderwonder said:

Possibly.

You could take another out and get an engineers supply store to tell you what it is. Probably M for metric for starters in a pickup mount screw. A big one might even have one in a bin for you.

The pickguard wouldn't be all that fussy so long as the head matches.

cheers mate. I was thinking of heading to my local diy store 🙈

On 13/01/2024 at 19:55, Downunderwonder said:

If your DIY stores are like ours you will be lucky to find anyone with any skills in knowing what screw is what. They will have a selection of wood screws in packets of 10 and jars of 100, nut and bolt sets, nothing resembling a pickup mount screw....

lol very true. That is exactly what happened. the Pickup mounting screws are completely different. They have a flat head but the lip is thick. I've not found it anywhere. 

I have a fender mounting screw in atm and it's too long. everything is online for these things now. None of my local music stores have things like this.