Why become a member? ×

Odd behaviour of a Model D

tauzero

I recently bought a Model D secondhand (after @Quatschmacher seemed to have sold his, hence not buying his). Trying to play notes via MIDI, using a keyboard with a 5-pin MIDI output direct into the Model D, the Model D only plays a note on every second keypress - for example, if I press and release C, a C will sound and stop, then if I press C again, nothing, then if I press it again, I get C. This applies whether it's the same key or different keys - a note will only sound on every second keypress. I'm sure this must be some switch setting I have wrong. Does anyone know what is causing this odd behaviour and how to fix it?

7 hours ago, tauzero said:

I recently bought a Model D secondhand (after @Quatschmacher seemed to have sold his, hence not buying his). Trying to play notes via MIDI, using a keyboard with a 5-pin MIDI output direct into the Model D, the Model D only plays a note on every second keypress - for example, if I press and release C, a C will sound and stop, then if I press C again, nothing, then if I press it again, I get C. This applies whether it's the same key or different keys - a note will only sound on every second keypress. I'm sure this must be some switch setting I have wrong. Does anyone know what is causing this odd behaviour and how to fix it?

I presume Behringer. Haven’t sold mine as the buyer found the postage too high. Not too sad as it’ll come in handy for beta testing a cool new thing I’ll be getting this week…

Would recommend setting the mod wheel behaviour to one of the non-linear modes. 

Edited by Quatschmacher