Why become a member? ×

strap length

NHM

• 1 month later...
On 07/01/2024 at 19:49, Baloney Balderdash said:

117cm, and I am 6'4'' (192cm) tall.

It matches so that the bass is at about the same location as it would have been if sitting down playing it without a strap.

On 09/01/2024 at 11:49, Baloney Balderdash said:

So after I posted this I decided that I would try to experiment a bit with the strap length to see if I could possibly get a better result, and what I've found was that just moving down to the next strap hole in line, which would make the strap 129cm from strap button to strap button, my wrists actually is almost perfectly straight when fretting with my elbow at just about a 90 degree angle, and playing at the upper end of the fretboard, beyond 12th fret, feels significantly less circumstantial and cramped.

Also my bass in general balanced better on my fat belly, now resting more on the middle of it, rather than sitting halfway on top of it.

So for now I'll keep the strap at 129cm.

And it keeps getting longer it seems, now it is 138cm (or 136 cm strap hole to strap hole).

Do mind though that I, as said, is 6'4" (192cm) tall.

(Edit!!!: Well, back to 126.5cm hole to hole, as with 138cm I had issues with being able to fret the lower strings at the upper end of the fretboard, above 12th fret or so. This also seems to be pretty much spot on where my bass would naturally be if I sat with it.)

Edited by Baloney Balderdash