Why become a member? ×

Pedalboard power conundrum... electrical advice needed!

knicknack

I guess this fits the effects area best... please tag anyone you think might have the knowledge! 

I'm hoping to have a tidy up of my board shortly, and one of the biggest pains I have is this bulky IEC splitter which allows me to power my Gigrig Generator and Noble DI from one IEC input on the board. 

IMG_5202.thumb.jpg.811787da4db2a66bd8ead6622e58b0e2.jpg

I've definitely seen examples of people running two cables directly from the IEC input, and had it mentioned to me as an option but cannot seem to find proof that A. it's safe and 2. It will work well. I can't see it being any different from using a splitter but I'm really not versed in this stuff. if it's possible and anyone wants to make me a tidy twin cable input with a boot I'd be delighted! 

• 3 months later...

One trick I learned from personal experience is to get custom-length power cables. I had a similar issue with my setup, but after investing in some shorter cables, it made a big difference in keeping everything organized. I also reached out to a utility pole contractor Ottawa for some advice on optimizing my power setup. Experts like these often have great insights into managing cables efficiently, which could really streamline your board cleanup process.

Edited by Vanderfier
  • Like 1