Why become a member? ×

Ampeg herd thinning: 2 x SVT-II Pro + SVT-IIP preamp
£899
London

I have a few Ampeg rarities for sale. 

1. Ampeg SVT-II 2 Pro Premiere Edition #40/250 300-Watt Rackmount Valve Head - 850

Good condition for the age. Everything works and it still has the original price tag on it - £1295! So an expensive piece of kit.

Made in USA. These are no longer manufactured.

2. Ampeg SVT-2 PRO 300-Watt Rackmount Valve Head - £800

As above, everything works, no issues. Made in USA and no longer manufactured. 

3. Ampeg SVT-IIP Rackmount valve preamp - £450

Pretty clean and hard to find Ampeg SVT-IIP bass preamp. 

This is the front end from the "non-Pro" SVTs and preferred by many players. Slightly different EQ frequencies from the pro series.

It's from the '90s and shows some signs of age and use but in overall good condition. Everything works well, although the pots could use a clean as it's been in storage for a couple of years. Please note: rack case not included.

These are all in London SW9. However, I will ship despite the immense weight. I recently sent an Orange Thunderverb 200 to the USA with no issues. I know how to pack. You pay the actual cost for shipping plus insurance. I'll send you options. Alternatively, drop by and have a play. 

SVT II Pro-1.jpg

SVT II Pro-2.jpg

SVT ii P-1.jpg

SVT ii P-2.jpg

SVT 2 Pro-1.jpg

SVT 2 Pro-2.jpg

Edited by parker_knoll
  • Like 7

Since some people have been asking:

Really the only difference between the Pro and non-Pro is a slightly different frequencies for the ultra bass, ultra hi etc. You can get exactly the same sound as a non-Pro by using the graphic in my view. If you study the manuals carefully you'll see what I mean. 

The difference between the two SVT 2/II s is largely cosmetic but the older one has jack + banana plug connectors and the newer one has a Speakon/NL4 output. The older one looks nicer :)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...