Why become a member? ×

Horn repair North West ?

Rayman

Gear4Music ( no affiliation) have replacement parts some Eden cabs if you felt it might be worth trying a diy repair? At the moment they have replacement horns for under £20 but they are I tihnk for D series 2x10 cabs eg 210XLT & 210XST. Depends what model cab you have as if its not a D series you may need another type of replacement horn. Actually, they also have e-series replacement horns. Might be worth a look.

Edited by DGBass
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DGBass said:

Gear4Music ( no affiliation) have replacement parts some Eden cabs if you felt it might be worth trying a diy repair? At the moment they have replacement horns for under £20 but they are I tihnk for D series 2x10 cabs eg 210XLT & 210XST. Depends what model cab you have as if its not a D series you may need another type of replacement horn. Actually, they also have e-series replacement horns. Might be worth a look.

It’s an 210XLT, so I’ll take a look, cheers

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DGBass said:

Good shout.

G4M have acquired the Eden name, and presumably the remaining stock and spares, from Marshall after they abandoned the brand. Will be interesting to see what they do next.

• Like 2

Here’s a question…..

The new horn is ready to go in…. dead easy, spade connections….

There’s a red wire and a black wire, and on the horn there’s a plain connection and a red connection…..

assume that the red wire goes on the red connection and the black wire on the plain connection?

Reason I ask, is because on the old horn, black wire was connected to the red connection and the red wire to the black? That can’t be right can it?

IMG_6485.thumb.jpeg.0b37faa4da8e016991ff4a00edf9e48a.jpeg

Edited by Rayman

It looks like Black wire to Red terminal and Red wire to Black terminal could be correct.

There's a couple of hand drawn diagrams of various Eden cabs on TalkBass and they are all wired that way. Here's one drawn up by someone from Eden and although a 4x10 it's the same principle.0b0fb3a84e442954b2a51b80c376fe19.jpg.28b1a8cdafc0b3de68c39c00176ed103.jpg

• Thanks 1

Not all cab manufacturers use a red to red and black to black wiring design. I would tend to leave the wiring as it is as in this case where its black on the red terminal and red on the other. From the pic it looks like the 10 inch drivers also have a little cone fatigue from over excursion which would suggest its a well used cab and has been operating at or near its limit. That might be why the horn stopped working in the first place. If the horn works fine when swopped over I'd be inclined to screw it back together and job done.

• Thanks 1

Alright, so for anyone interested….

The horn will not come back to life. The above information schematic says connect the wires one way, Eden say the opposite….. I’ve tried both, and nothing comes through the horn. The bulb fuse in the back looks perfect fine, all other components also look good.

The 2x10s work perfectly, but the horn will not make a sound.

I’ve run out of ideas… so it’s off to a professional to have a look. Frustrating, as I’ll be selling it again at the end.

I hate amps. Such a mass pain in the *ss