Why become a member? ×

Meet the twins! (Maruszczyk content)

Russ

So, on Friday I received my new Maruszczyk Frog 6A twins - Skye and Scarlett. :D Skye is the blue-stained fretted bass, Scarlett is the red-stained fretless. Yes, I name my basses! 

Specs: 

Swamp ash bodies

Quilted ash tops with colour stain in the grain

Roasted maple necks with ebony fingerboards - edge lines on the fretless, Luminlay blocks on the fretted, Luminlay side dots on both, 17.5mm spacing at the bridge

Delano Xtender pickups (with series/single coil/parallel switches)

Noll 4-band EQ, 18V

Hipshot Ultralite tuners

Monorail bridges

Ramps

I’m still exploring the range of sounds available, but, holy crap, these things are nice. Light (8lbs), lovely necks, and a very smooth, slick feel thanks to a perfect setup. They weren’t all that pricey either. Maruszczyk also make it all a bit special - every bass comes with a certificate of ownership, a nice manual, a T-shirt, a big thick leather strap and a fancy gig bag!

Adrian’s English isn’t great, but he’s very accommodating of any unusual requests. For instance, to fit the colour theme, I requested coloured knobs - we managed to do them on the volume and blend pots, but Noll’s concentric EQ pots are an unusual size, and we weren’t able to get knobs that fit, alas. Doesn’t bother me really, I think they still look cool. 

Merry Christmas to me. :D 

9803E3BD-9522-44D3-8007-77EEBC1FE4BC.jpeg

• Like 17