Why become a member? ×

The GAS is killing me....

lee4

I am very curious about the Beluga too! They're producing a lefty version of the twin humbucker solidbody, and I really like the look of it. I don't know much about the Dean, apart from being somewhat of a mix between a Warwick Dolphin and a Warwick Thumb lookwise. I wonder about the tone, I feel the pickup is placed very close to the bridge so it probably won't produce an accurate Stingray-tone but something between a Thumb and a Stingray. I see on their website it's all mahogany with a rosewood fingerboard now, I believe the old model had an ash body and an all maple neck. That one will sound even punchier and brighter.

I tried a Sledgehammer 5 at the bass gallery (mahogany - the red one). I really liked it.... but then I was looking for a Status 5 ... that subsequently was a Status 6 .... another story.

The thing is... is that it is seriously light.... sort of... in a weird way. When I picked it up, I thought it was hollow. But it produces great tight tone.... so I would actually recommend it to anyone that has back problems (or really light players like children and women). it is very compact ... If it weren't for the fact that I am well over my bass quota I would maybe fall for one. I have another Dean at home, and the value for money is great.

[quote name='chris_b' post='484932' date='May 11 2009, 11:31 AM']You're not playing enough!!![/quote]