Why become a member? ×

Schack Unique 4 Custom Bass. Handmade (De.) 80/90's. Blue, maple, ebony. 3EQ.
£999
TS (UK)

eubassix

Schack Unique 4 Custom - high-quality 4 string bass from (Andy) Schack. Handmade in Germany. Classic example of German bass building tradition from the 80/90's. Excellent quality incl. selected woods, hardware, craftsmanship, playability and sound. The 'unique'neck = bolt on using unique patented Schack Covered Neck Fixing-System (CNF) Fingerboard: thick ebony, Frets : 24 Headstock : 2 + 2 with ebony top Pickups :  2 Basstec Jazz Bass like humbucking.  Electronics:  (original Schack BC 3P, active c/w master volume, pickup pan control, 3-way plus highly switchable frequencies and Q-factor for each band is included ) - but currently a more basic Vol - Pan + 3EQ  Preamp is fitted : Tuners : Gotoh. Bridge : ETS/Schack  Original Schack 3D-adjustable. Strings spacing at bridge : 20 mm (adjustable) Nut : synthetic with zero fret Strings spacing at nut : 11 mm. Scale: 34" - long scale.

The bass body was recently stripped, refurbished / refinished by Agrajag Guitars - I do have photo(s) of the original dark blue strange poly-plastic finish that was removed. I'd initially planned to refit the Schack BC-3P ciscuit but it's a bit complex and I failed to get help from Nico Schack. The rear cover isn't as neat as it was (due to the refurb/refinish) so I've added a couple more screws. The BassTec pickups are great but have become quite worn over the years (particularly the neck p/up which has virtually lost its 'basstec' logo). Looks like the Schack Unique range is now back (Nico) with prices from c. €3k. (website)

IMG_20230814_165740.jpg

IMG_20230814_165749.jpg

IMG_20230814_165814.jpg

IMG_20230814_165904.jpg

IMG_20230814_170003.jpg

IMG_20230814_165834.jpg

IMG_20230814_170329.jpg

• Like 8

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/12/2023 at 13:53, deepbass5 said:

Great basses I bought one new many years ago but It needs that great preAmp back in there. IMHO 

agree totally - that's why it's there (with the bass). It was working fine when the bass was dismantled & refurbished. Possibly an easy re-install for somebody confident / knowledgeable with electronics; I just didn't want to risk when unfortunately the photos I'd taken didn't adequately show all the correct connections.

• 2 months later...