Why become a member? ×

Garry Willis GWB35 - *SOLD*
£350
Norwich

andybassdoyle

Fab fretless.

This is the basic Garry Willis model (or Harry Willis as my autocorrect seems to want to call it) but has been significantly modded by a previous owner.

As you can see the finish has been taken back to the basic wood grain on the body and ramp. I like it but if I were keeping it I suspect it would look even better with some oil or similar to finish it off. Anyway, beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

Also upgraded is the pickup to a nordstrand blade. This is technically a 4 string pickup but the sizing is fine for bass (spacing is around 16.5mm so narrowish) and all works fab. Now has an Aguilar OPB2 in as well. Very similar set up to the original although I think there may have been a push/pull on the volume for passive bypass that has gone with the Aguilar. Never bothered me - the bass sounds great.

I'm only looking to move this as there is another fretless that I'm keen on and I won't need two. If that goes then I'll withdraw or happy to talk px on other fretless I suppose if you wanted to downsize with some cash... anyhoo you get the jist of it!

Set up B-G with a low action and flat relief, nickle rounds - it plays fab. Personally I'm not a big fan of narrow spacing but it just seems to work on this bass. Great design. But then I do like a bit of Harry Willis....

Shipping is possible - I'll pack it well in a basic gig bag. Add that onto the cost though...

x

IMG_2967.thumb.jpeg.c57120b953c86139c4cb64f8b8c26699.jpeg

IMG_2966.thumb.jpeg.7649f864db4d80ae21ff9e0d4c6d09b6.jpeg

IMG_2965.thumb.jpeg.3d72e0f6469b6c28843640bad6fb7753.jpeg

Edited by andybassdoyle
  • Like 10

• andybassdoyle changed the title to Garry Willis GWB35 sold