Why become a member? ×

Reverbs

bassbora

I am just curious if any of you guys are using reverb pedals when playing.  If so when (what application, gig and what type of music)?

I had not really ever thought about reverb with bass but I got TC Infinite good few months back for a project and to practice and that has a reverb function which I actually quite like in that ambient/slow music kind of way.  So really just curious what others are doing.

I used a little bit of reverb (and delay and loops) on a track on the band's last album. Mostly atmospheric stuff. It is essentially an intro to the track that follows. 

The band mostly does down-tuned stoner rock so the above track is a bit of an outlier. I don't generally use reverb in the context of a gig, even if I am playing the above track, which involves tap-dancing between loop and delay which is difficult enough as it is.

• Like 1

I think reverb can sound good with Bass at home/recording but I've not got it to sound good playing live as the room room already has natural reverb, being in a pub and making the Bass sound like you're in a hall while the rest of the band have the natural room reverb just doesn't sound right. So I've just tended to use reverb at home with multi-fx, the Boss GT 1000 Core was good for it, at the moment I tend to use a Nux mighty plug for home practice and that has a reverb.

• Like 1