Why become a member? ×

NBD Fenix Young Chang Bass.

DaleASmith

12 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

I watched that on ebay. A mate had a strat and it was excellent - same finish/headstock shape as this

thing is, it was listed in Hull. When I messaged the guy, he lives less than a mile from me. 😂

So no worries about postage. That’s probably why it went so cheap. It’s in beautiful condition. 

Edited by DaleASmith

I have a Strat - quite a decent guitar for the £30 I paid for it at the local car boot!

fenix003.thumb.jpg.a0f265c1722eaaea7758554512d633f9.jpg

Fenix has quite an interesting backstory - Young Chang in Korea took over manufacture of Squiers in the late 80s, and (sneakily) started flogging variations of the same guitars under their own Fenix brand. They lost the Fender deal as a result but continued making Fenix Fender copies with several different headstock shapes, as well as a range of other copies & original designs.

They're generally very well-regarded guitars & there's even a bit of a fan community. I've never had a Fenix bass but do have some ongoing GAS for their early 90s shortscale. Never see 'em though.

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.c5805b552fa5fa01ccb65266f7c62010.jpg

• Like 1