Why become a member? ×

F/S Fender Japan Jazz Bass Special Fretless 1987 - *SOLD*
£700
Chorley, Lancs., PR6

ead

Now sold elswhere

I am making a determined effort to sell a couple of basses that are no longer getting the use that they deserve.  So to start with here is a bit of a rarity, a Japanese-made Fender fretless Jazz Bass Special.

A superb example of Fender Japan at its best, this 1987 Fender Jazz Bass Special is in great condition for a 35-year-old bass.  There are some very light markings on the rosewood board that I think probably came from previous owner(s) having used roundwound strings and the body has a very modest amount of natural mojo from being played over the years.  The bass weighs in at 4kgs or just under 9lbs by my scales.

The bass has a slim Jazz neck profile and upgraded by the previous owner with a Hipshot drop D tuner, and some great EMG PJ pickups.  The non-standard knobs that came with bass were not really to my taste and I have replaced these with Spector items that resemble the original fit items at a very casual glance.  The rest of the black hardware is standard.  The bass will come with a good quality hard-softcase.  Currently strung with TI Flats.

Collection is definitely preferred, but I will also be happy to meet halfway (within reason) for some fuel money.  Last resort would be a courier.

Difficult to price, but I think £700 is a reasonable balance between the quality of the bass and the non-standard upgrades.  Sorry, I do not have any of the original fit items.

Here are a few pics.  Black basses are a bit of a sod to photograph but I've done my best.  Let me know if you want any more detail on anything, or indeed if you have any questions.

Thanks for looking in.

Edited by ead
  • Like 13

• ead changed the title to F/S or F/T Fender Japan Jazz Bass Special Fretless 1987 (please see below for trade options)
  • ead changed the title to F/S Fender Japan Jazz Bass Special Fretless 1987
  • ead changed the title to SOLD Fender Japan Jazz Bass Special Fretless 1987