Why become a member? ×

Help with fixing a Radial Bigshot I/O pedal please

ead

Hi folks, any help gladly received to sort out what I think is a relatively minor problem but one where I can't see how to get started.  In short on the jack sockets has lost a part and it is hard to get the jack in and for the signal to connect to the switches inside.  At first I thought it was cosmetic but now I'm not so sure.  Here's a pic:

PXL_20231112_120933917.thumb.jpg.870c2788acd0f6f1238bff1199e0521d.jpg

I feel it should be a relatively simple fix if only I could get into the box!  There are what appear to be fastenings and couple of what look like threaded holes to screw the pedal to a pedalboard.  I can't however see enough to determine whether the two fittings each side of the label and those on the rear of the pedal are the way in.  They look a little like hex bolts but I'm not sure and don't want to force anything at this stage.

If anyone could shed any light on this that would be amazing.  Thanks for looking and here are the other pics:

PXL_20231112_121008906.thumb.jpg.309ecb361b9ad420d0e04c297d602280.jpg

PXL_20231112_120957634.thumb.jpg.8632a55fd205304275fca375d67c0183.jpg

PXL_20231112_120944246.thumb.jpg.b8e79c93592db0bddcccc5a4c81586e2.jpg

@ead... looks like the chrome nut and black spacer are missing... One of these should sort ya...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/386163785379?

So you just need the Chrome Nut and black spacer from the new one, you can see the fiber washer spacers on the inside of box.

Maybe the lightest dab of a cheap super glue to stop it coming undone and happening again, and on the others too...

Only nip-up the chrome nut, as it's in to plastic, and a sandwich bag or bit of plastic over the nut, between socket, spanner (or pliers!) to protect the chrome and paint finish.

Edited by PaulThePlug
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

.. if you want to get inside you need to undo the 4 hex bolts and take off the control knob to reveal a nut and washer, and take that off also. Then the two nuts and washers off the foot switches, and finally the 4 nuts (well 3 in your case) off the back. The top should then come straight off with no problem.

I’ve got a couple of these units and have taken one apart at some point (no idea what for though ha ha).

Edited by jimbobothy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1