Why become a member? ×

1971 Fender Precision On Hold pending - *SOLD*
£2100
N Ireland

briansbrew

I got this Precision a few years back and when I recieved it the truss rod was seized with no movement at all so I took it to my Luthier

friend Sinisa Tot who builds guitars bith electric and acoustic and is a first class builder

He removed the fretboard completly and installed a new truss rod, fretbaord and frets and this turned out perfectly

The body had been striped down to natural before i got it but I think it may have been black originally as some of the cavity is black

I had the body refinished in antique white with some light relicing, back of the neck is in good shape

Just to verify, the body and neck are from 71 as are the tuners, pickups,bridge,scratchplate and bridge cover

The pots have been changed and the current ones date to 1979, knobs are original, scratchplate has shrunk a bit which is quite common with these older plate

Bridge cover is original but the holes for the screws have been plugged hence the larger slotted screws. Tug bar is new, not too sure about all the screws

I think the neck could do with a slight shim to bring the action a little lower but it was fine for me, the G string bridge screw is a bit stiff and difficult to move

Nut width is 40mm

Weight si 4.8 Kg's and is typical for this era

I had the pickups out when it was taken apart to check the date and I can confirm that they are 71's , if needed I can take out again to verify but would prefer not to in case of damage

Pictures were taken on my phone for the dates but having changed my phone since then cant find they but will keep looking

I have a nice hard rectangular case from 1968 which I will include

Had this been all original the price would be more than double so i think I have priced this accordingly

New flats installed

I need to source some proper screws for the pickups so apologies for the sticky out ones on it

Any questions welcome and I will try and answer to the best of my ability

IMG_1138.thumb.jpeg.697a6c99ea8d78b9d8505d1338e2d4f6.jpegIMG_1141.thumb.jpeg.8dd7968e3f7e66a4883caac1f249d3b1.jpeg

Edited by briansbrew
  • Like 13

• briansbrew changed the title to 1971 Fender Precision On Hold pending
  • briansbrew changed the title to 1971 Fender Precision On SOLD