Why become a member? ×

I'm having withdrawal symptoms

Golchen

Lats summer I decided that I really wanted another bass, usual story - the quest for an 'ideal' instrument, one that felt great, looked great and sounded great. I had no idea what I wanted other than 5 strings, so I spent many months looking around shops, checking out the internet etc etc. It seemed like a good idea, so I made the Basschat for sale section my internet log on page and spent around 10 month scouring it a couple of times a day. Well, as you'd imagine, I saw a couple I nearly went for but missed them due to brief procrastination, and saw a few beauties outside my (pretty big) budget. But lo and behold, I eventually bought a bass that is everything I want! (FleaBay)

All is well and good, but I never go to the for sale section any more as funds have gone, and I'm really missing it! There is a great frustration to having a pot of GAS money and not finding something to spend it on, but there is also a bit of a hollow feeling once you have 'done the deed' and finally bought something. I am 100% happy with the new bass, this is a side issue.

GAS is a two edged sword that cuts both ways!

Had this last week too :) Spent a couple of months looking, with little luck but lots of excitement and frustration. Finally settled on the Kopo fretless on the bay that Eubassix thinks was once his.

However, I'm reincorporating the thrill by having the Gallery modify my new Kopo by routing a space for a second Delano pup (a soap bar Delano say is good for world class fretless tone!) and reinventing the electronics. Can't bloody wait! :rolleyes: