Why become a member? ×

Laney Digbeth Help

WAYNESWORLD

I’m having a real hard time getting real world live reviews on the Laney Digbeth up right 410 cab 600watt 4ohm. Has anyone used one of these in a back line only no Pa support situation. Also comparison to Markbass 410 /Gallien Kruger etc.Hope this is the correct section.Thanks in advance.

Edited by WAYNESWORLD

• WAYNESWORLD changed the title to Laney Digbeth Help

I've picked one up this week. Taking it to practice this week. 

Early practice at home first impressions - it looks fantastic. Bigger than I thought but not as heavy. It's easy to move. 

Sound wise, it seems to really adapt to eq. Flat my precision sounds like a raw precision into a desk. Add a touch of eq and get the volume up and it's a different beast. I tried it with my stingray and just altered the active eq on that and it had such a wide response that I'd be sure you could get any sound you wanted from this cab. 

• Like 1

Thanks for this. There is so little info about these other than standard marketing blurb. Watched Anderson vids which are great ,but everything is always viewed as great when you’re selling it.If it’s not to much trouble could you pm  me your thoughts when used in a gig situation . No probs if this is an issue. Appreciate you posting.

OK so a decent practice tonight to test. 

Firstly, this cab is SO easy to move around. Much much easier than I thought. It's the correct height when using the top handle, so you don't have to stoop (I'm 6"2) it also feels very light when wheeling. The wheels are quality and theres a kick plate to tilt so you don't ruin your cab. Clever. It also has side handles at the perfect position so the cab doesn't feel heavy, or as heavy as its claimed 30kg when you have to lift that way. 

Sound wise.... Lovely. 

As I said previous my precision sounded like a raw precision into a recording desk with the Digbeth head pretty much flat. In truth I didn't move much from that setting and it just complemented the whole band very nicely. Warm and punchy. Lock in with the cymbals and it's a tremendous sound. 

That raw precision sound fits so nicely into any band mix. It probably sounds too raw on its own, but as we know in the mix it sits perfectly. 

The more we played it just carried on doing a superb job. Lovely and warm in the mix. Punch where needed and a nice fat warmth when not. 

I really didn't have to do any eqing to get a great sound. Oh, and volume not a problem at all! 

The amp head height was great, load in and out very easy and it looked the part. It would fool many into thinking it was a 'proper' full stack by both looks and sound. 

I'm 100% sure this cab can deliver any sound. It's just ironic that I found mine straight away. It also handled synth bass very well. 

Of course there's always a honeymoon period with any new gear, but this meets all my criteria to the point I genuinely can't think of a better all round cab for any money. Lovely sound. Great range. Adjustable tweeter. Easy to transport. No stooping to move around. Great height if I need to put anything on top of my amp. Real loud. Looks cool. 4 ohm. Looks like a 'proper' rig. Built to last. 

Very very happy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1