Why become a member? ×

How fast!? Help with this would be appreciated

Starlord

53 minutes ago, paul_5 said:

Thumb and finger, but not slapped unless indicated.

Thank you for the very quick response!

I am totally new to this so please forgive my further question, with the fret hand ammo holding down on both E and D strings while I’m doing that?

Seems like pretty typical disco octaves at that tempo! I'd play with index finger plucking the low notes, and middle finger plucking the highs. You'll be fine if you slow it down first, then work your way up, encouraging muscle memory and anticipation from the plucking hand. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Starlord said:

with the fret hand ammo holding down on both E and D strings while I’m doing that?

Yes, kind of. I use 1st finger on E and little finger on D (or A and G). A slight rockung motion between the two to mute/play each string. 

As Huw says, index low, middle hi. 

Car Wash is a very obvious example but there's load of disco stuff. 

It takes practice, thats all. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Huw Foster said:

Seems like pretty typical disco octaves at that tempo! I'd play with index finger plucking the low notes, and middle finger plucking the highs. You'll be fine if you slow it down first, then work your way up, encouraging muscle memory and anticipation from the plucking hand. 

That’s great advice thank you, when I saw it I thought ‘I’d rather dance it then play it’ but I’m getting a better idea now thanks to you all for the tips!