Why become a member? ×

Using an XR12 with a BCF2000 - help needed

tauzero

I find using a tablet to adjust faders on the XR12 is a bit hit and miss so I thought I'd get a motorised fader device to do the job, with the tablet mainly to be used for muting. To that end, I got a BCF2000. However, I'm having absolutely no joy with it. I suspect that it's something to do with the settings on the XR12 but I don't know what, and I haven't been able to find much information online.

BCF2000 set up to S4 mode. MIDI in and out connected the right way round. BCF2000 set to Mackie/Cubase. XR12 audio/MIDI configured to DIN Tx on, DIN Rx on, DIN OSC on. The BCF2000 is sending out MIDI quite happily according to MIDI-OX. There's no sign of communication between the BCF2000 and the XR12, nor does the tablet connected to the XR12 show any signs of noticing that anything is happening.

If there's anyone who's got the two of these working together, could they please tell me what they did?

3 hours ago, BigRedX said:

Do you need to set the MIDI channels on the BCF and XR18? They should be on the same channel.

I'll see, channels 1-3 are used for specific purposes on the XR12 so I'll check with MIDI-OX to see if that's what's coming out of the BCF.

I checked the MIDI messages coming out of the BCF-2000. I've gone as far as reloading the firmware, but I consistently get completely the wrong MIDI messages. They should be CC messages on channel 1 (for the faders) and they're pitch bend messages on whichever channel the fader is on. To make sure, I connected the XR12 to MIDI-OX and used the tablet to move the faders, and got the expected CC messages.