Why become a member? ×

I need epic help for an epic tune

agoulding

hey guys. Just recently i got hold of some great funk 45 recordings and ive become a huge fan of Black nasty. Ive tried for 2 months now to figure of the bassline to the song "party down on 4th street pt.1"

what im asking is, its only a couple of lines, that someone could quite possibly figure out the bass parts by ear for me and write ouyt the tab as i don't have the agbility to do so. :) if its too much to ask no worries just let the thread die. BUt youll get to learn a tasty bass line in the mean time!!!

D groove all the way baby. Try playing it in small portions, to get your self familiar to the notes, then put the track on, with your bass at the same level, close your eyes and get lost in that groove. Don't worry if you don't get all the notes in the right place, just try to loose yourself in that groove.

[quote name='agoulding' post='482355' date='May 7 2009, 07:51 PM']....Just recently i got hold of some great funk 45 recordings and ive become a huge fan of Black nasty. Ive tried for 2 months now to figure of the bassline to the song "party down on 4th street pt.1"....[/quote]
Nice one. For me, this is era is [i]the[/i] golden age of music.

Edited by chris_b

[quote name='steve-soar' post='482372' date='May 7 2009, 08:08 PM']D groove all the way baby. Try playing it in small portions, to get your self familiar to the notes, then put the track on, with your bass at the same level, close your eyes and get lost in that groove. Don't worry if you don't get all the notes in the right place, just try to loose yourself in that groove.[/quote]

this to me sounds like the best way. And more enjoyable.