Why become a member? ×

Aria Pro II SB600 Factory Fretless Project £225 - *SOLD*
£250
Lancaster

ash

I bought this Aria Pro II SB600 factory fretless bass as a project however as I’m a lousy fretless player I’ve decided to move it on. 

The bass was purchased in a poor state as the electrics were completely shot. An old active circuit had been added at some point and was burnt out. Routs had crud in them from bad components. The bass was dusty and dirty with lots of knocks and dings. It has an extra Westone bass pickup at the bridge and there are extra holes in the body where various switches have been and a side jack has been installed. The bass has been routed for a battery and has a crude homemade cover attached with a single screw. 

I removed the active circuit and cleaned the bass. The original SB pickup has now been rewired to approximate the original wiring with the coil tap switch now installed correctly. I used the existing pots which are 500k rather than 250k. Fortunately the Aria pickup was working properly when I rewired it as these pickups are hard to replace and near impossible to repair. The Westone pickup is currently not wired up but has been tested and works fine, the existing pickup selector is not wired into the circuit. You could wire the two pickups and have a pickup selector but for my purposes the SB pickup was all I needed. 

The bass is a fairly early one with the ‘batwing’ headstock. Around 1979. It has a fixed neck and weighs around 4.5kgs. The brass nut is original and in my view could be filed down a little. The action is okay and I have used it with light gauge 40-90 strings. It needs a good set up to get the best from it. I wouldn’t want to move the trussrod anymore as it feels quite
tight but it will move both ways. I’m selling it on as a project bass for what it has cost me so far. I’ve included an extra matching knob cap - looks like from a Westone and a coil tap switch should you want it. I’ll put these in the battery rout and put some masking tape over so they don’t get lost. 

Lots of pictures. Construction as ever with these Japanese basses is incredible. 

UK only, no trades postage at buyer’s cost. 

Edited by ash
Sold elsewhere
  • Like 10

• ash changed the title to Aria Pro II SB600 Factory Fretless Project £225
  • ash changed the title to Aria Pro II SB600 sold