Why become a member? ×

Loop switchers

0175westwood29

So im currently running an es5, want more presets as well as ideally more loops.......but im not looking to move back to the es8

so im considering a few things, Gig Rig Atom an extra loop similar size, or mastermind pbc10.........not sure what else there is out there which will do midi and loops in parallel?

Edited by 0175westwood29

im in exactly the same boat currently... I have used the ES8 and as powerfull as it is, its super old and im keen to explore what else is out there. I ideally need 7 loops, paralell processing with midi pc functionality. A really nice to have is loop re-order capability.

The things on my watch list are the ...

Musicom labs EFX-LE 2 £400

MOOER L6 MKII £140 (only 6 loops and no paralell but the price cannot be ignored)

Musicom labs EVX mk5 or mk6 £650?

On 28/09/2023 at 08:59, GisserD said:

Yeat they are pretty nifty. the other option ive been considering is a morningstar ML10x with a seperate midi controller.

yeh ive thought of switching my ml5 for the 10 but i thinking the atom is winning due to wanting the small form but the 8 switches make it the one for me as id kinda like more presets to allow for extras for songs rather than banking.

On 05/10/2023 at 21:46, 0175westwood29 said:

yeh ive thought of switching my ml5 for the 10 but i thinking the atom is winning due to wanting the small form but the 8 switches make it the one for me as id kinda like more presets to allow for extras for songs rather than banking.

The ML10X has a ridiculous number of presets available: 128 x 4 x 8.

12 minutes ago, 0175westwood29 said:

Sorry should have been more clear 

want more than 5 fs available for presets on the switcher 

That’s where the MC6 Pro comes in. Six buttons per page; each button can have multiple actions so could host access to different presets. 4 pages of buttons per bank. 

Remember, it is also possible to assign PC up/down to controller buttons to have access to all presets. I have up/down programmed to two buttons and a double-press of the same two buttons to jump in tens.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

That’s where the MC6 Pro comes in. Six buttons per page; each button can have multiple actions so could host access to different presets. 4 pages of buttons per bank. 

Remember, it is also possible to assign PC up/down to controller buttons to have access to all presets. I have up/down programmed to two buttons and a double-press of the same two buttons to jump in tens.

can you control the levels of parallel paths? in the ml10, although being honest im wondering if simply adding a ml10 and mc6 to the current board to add the extra fs atm......

1 hour ago, 0175westwood29 said:

can you control the levels of parallel paths? in the ml10, although being honest im wondering if simply adding a ml10 and mc6 to the current board to add the extra fs atm......

No, there’s no adjustment. The levels are either summed or averaged, I can’t remember which it is, I’d have to check. Levelling needs to be done in the pedals. Also, there are no phase options so you’ll need to be aware of that.

Despite that, it’s a brilliant device. 

17 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

No, there’s no adjustment. The levels are either summed or averaged, I can’t remember which it is, I’d have to check. Levelling needs to be done in the pedals. Also, there are no phase options so you’ll need to be aware of that.

Despite that, it’s a brilliant device. 

mc6 on the way, can use it to midi control my es5 for the special sounds i use in other banks and to navigate back to the main sounds