Why become a member? ×

NPD - JPTR FX!

thisisswanbon

So this came after an agonising 12 day wait! - A nice not so shiny new JPTR FX Jive!

I tried one of these earlier in the year but it was lost on me and returned - since then I've moved to a Mark Bass tube pre which takes pedals much better than what I was using, so thought I'd take another punt!

Any current users got any tips?  Not looking for high gain stuff, just to spruce up my clean tone even further...

20230911_112952.thumb.jpg.5dd8a232c3a6a19170d6012c0ba7697a.jpg

Edited by thisisswanbon

I love this pedal,I use it with the Diodes off (I switch the top one on if I want OD) but I have the gain at 2 o clock and the volume down to taste. This thing is absolutely incredible with my P bass and jazz. It brings a great presence and life to the sound, however it doesn't like my Spector 4/5's and gets very farty, even when ran at 18V

Edited by lee650
  • Like 1

I've only used this through headphones at the moment, but I'm not sure I like what it adds more than I miss what I feel it detracts. Definitely adds a weight and depth that's not there without it, but I just miss that natural upper punch both of my basses seem to have.

This may end up on the FS Section soon, as sending back to Germany to JPTR FX doesn't appeal 😬

• Like 1

Update on this for anyone interested...  Gigged it on Saturday night and am far more impressed than I was pre-gig!

We run through an RCF EVOX 12 set up and I use IEMs, and honestly this just sat in the mix fantastically.  The gooey mids they talk about in the pedal bumf were glorious (which I seem to miss when I hear solo'd) and it just had more life!  Settings were 1st diode engaged, gain around 10 o clock and volume at unity.  So thankful this didn't sell on faceache marketplace!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...