Why become a member? ×

Bitsa 51'P Tele-Ray bass with Jess Loureiro 51'P Pup & Warman Stingray Pup ON HOLD - *SOLD*
£250
Wales, UK

JohnDaBass

A deteriorating arthritis condition in by left hand has forced me to play short scale basses exclusively.

Consequently, I am downsizing the herd.

Here for sale is a unique BITSA Tele-Ray build.

The covers band I was in at the time required quite a diverse range of bass tones to achieve the 60’s, 70’s Pop covers on the set list.

So I assembled this BITSA to provide the solution. P’ bass tones, Stingray tones and a great variety in between.

The build can be found here.

The body is from a Squier Telecaster bass, (purchased from a Fellow Basschatter), the neck is an after market Jazz width, bound neck with MOP block inlays and a 51’P style headstock. Pickups are Warman Stingray at the bridge and a split 51’PJess Loureiro Pup at the neck . The Loom is a  @KiOgon  CTS V&T , 3 position Pup selector and a Switchcraft jack. Fender flatwound strings.

Selector switch options are

Position #1 is the Jess Loureiro in it’s series mode, gives a powerful warm, clear, typical P Bass tone,

Position #2 is both Pups in parallel and adds a huge amount of depth and mid drive. Probably my most favourite setting.

Position #3 is the Warman Stingray on it’s own and is identical to that familiar Stingray sound. I was astonished how powerful, and tuneful the Warman replicated the Stingray sound. I am convinced it would need a real expert ear to differentiate in the blind test.

This BITSA has oceans of Mojo, the body being second user already had some level of marks & bumps but I tried to add some sympathetic relic features to add to the overall Mojo.

The bass balances well on knee or strap.

I also have a teardrop shaped Hiscox Lite flite case for sale with this bass. ( not included in the price. ( £40))

20200904_143428.thumb.jpg.f665a60a90fd032d3a5bad4131f92c30.jpg

20200904_143411.thumb.jpg.41c63f9ba7e4b2bc25100283d392099e.jpg

Edited by JohnDaBass
error
  • Like 10

• JohnDaBass changed the title to Bitsa 51'P Tele-Ray bass with Jess Loureiro 51'P Pup & Warman Stingray Pup *SOLD*